Page 1 of 3

Maybe OT--Greatest Leader Ever

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:57 pm
by usersatch
Nothing to do at work, so...

Who is the greatest miltary leader of all time?

My vote goes to Ghengis Kahn. In terms of tactics, number of victories and land area conquered, treatment of non-combatants, and morale of his troops he was the best.

Col. Sam Trautman (Rambo's commander) would be a close second place [:D]

RE: Maybe OT--Greatest Leader Ever

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:59 pm
by Speedysteve
Hannibal Barca

RE: Maybe OT--Greatest Leader Ever

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:02 pm
by Big B
ORIGINAL: usersatch

Nothing to do at work, so...

Who is the greatest miltary leader of all time?

My vote goes to Ghengis Kahn. In terms of tactics, number of victories and land area conquered, treatment of non-combatants, and morale of his troops he was the best.

Col. Sam Trautman (Rambo's commander) would be a close second place [:D]
Sgt Rock of Easy Company...he never lost.
Or perhaps Sgt Saunders of King Company...he not only never lost, he was one of the great human moralists of all time - he knew what was wrong with everyone - and straitened out more damaged psyches than Dr Freud.

RE: Maybe OT--Greatest Leader Ever

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:07 pm
by DuckofTindalos
Or maybe this guy?



Image

RE: Maybe OT--Greatest Leader Ever

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:10 pm
by Big B
ORIGINAL: Terminus

Or maybe this guy?



Image
That would be brilliant too - he operated a complete Hollywood resort under the German's noses and they never knew. And he kept it up for several years!

RE: Maybe OT--Greatest Leader Ever

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:12 pm
by DuckofTindalos
Of course, he couldn't have done it without his opposite German number, quite possible one of the worst military leaders ever:



Image

RE: Maybe OT--Greatest Leader Ever

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:21 pm
by usersatch
Ok, you made me do this...I changed my mind...

Image

RE: Maybe OT--Greatest Leader Ever

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:22 pm
by Big B
ORIGINAL: Terminus

Of course, he couldn't have done it without his opposite German number, quite possible one of the worst military leaders ever:



Image
Hey wait, I love that guy! I've got a bobble-head of him!
AND he is Homer Simpson's hero!

RE: Maybe OT--Greatest Leader Ever

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:23 pm
by Big B
ORIGINAL: usersatch

Ok, you made me do this...I changed my mind...

Image
Oh!
Now your bringing out the heavy hitters!
Tough to keep up with this kind of escalation!

RE: Maybe OT--Greatest Leader Ever

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:27 pm
by usersatch
I know it's kind of a small pic, but who is this great leader? I'll give you a hint, he fought for the Germans.[:D]


Image

RE: Maybe OT--Greatest Leader Ever

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:30 pm
by Sharkosaurus rex
Even though the beads made Paris Jefferson look a little girly- she still had some good tactics. Like the tunnels.

Image

RE: Maybe OT--Greatest Leader Ever

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:32 pm
by Big B
ORIGINAL: usersatch

I know it's kind of a small pic, but who is this great leader? I'll give you a hint, he fought for the Germans.[:D]


Image
Umm,,,- wait - wasn't he from Rat Patrol??!! Jeeze I forgot hos name!

RE: Maybe OT--Greatest Leader Ever

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:34 pm
by Big B
ORIGINAL: Sharkosaurus rex

Even though the beads made Paris Jefferson look a little girly- she still had some good tactics. Like the tunnels.

Image
Hmm, I couldn't defeat her - I would let her have her way with me!

RE: Maybe OT--Greatest Leader Ever

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:36 pm
by Sharkosaurus rex
LOOK OUT!!!!!

Image

RE: Maybe OT--Greatest Leader Ever

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:39 pm
by Big B
ORIGINAL: Sharkosaurus rex

LOOK OUT!!!!!
So she likes big swords, eh?

RE: Maybe OT--Greatest Leader Ever

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:44 pm
by Speedysteve
Oh dear. Deterioration has started.

Hannibal Barca I tell you [:D]

RE: Maybe OT--Greatest Leader Ever

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:47 pm
by Sharkosaurus rex
I always have a backup

WWI veteran
won lots of medals
helped a small political party
helped rebuild an A/F
didn't lose a battle he couldn't blame on someone else


Image

RE: Maybe OT--Greatest Leader Ever

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:47 pm
by usersatch
Holy smokes!!! Sack me! [:D]

RE: Maybe OT--Greatest Leader Ever

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:50 pm
by Big B
ORIGINAL: Sharkosaurus rex

I always have a backup

WWI veteran
won lots of medals
helped a small political party
helped rebuild an A/F
didn't lose a battle he couldn't blame on someone else

Hmm, ...yah, and was funny too. Almost the caliber of Col. Klink.

RE: Maybe OT--Greatest Leader Ever

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:58 pm
by usersatch
Not a military leader, but a leader on the grid iron (or the office)!

Image