Page 1 of 1

How do you load tanks into LCM's

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 3:35 pm
by i2r06
I am new to SPWAW and this forum. I am playing the "A Long Long Road to Victory" campaign. I got a draw on the first battle (wasn't aggressive enough). The second battle is a delay/ river crossing/ evacuate the bridgehead. The scenario provides you with LCM's. I can get infantry into them by having the LCM occupy the same hex as the LCM and then L(oading) them. But I can't get the tanks to occupy the same hex. Tried it on the docks and tried it on the beach. I can't find anyplace to have them both occupy the same hex. When I try to load with the units adjacent it says the tank is too far away. I'm pretty sure the LCM's are big enough to hold the tanks. It won't load the Halftracks either.

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 4:16 pm
by Warrior
Put your tank in an adjacent hex (dock, land, or shallow water) to the LCM, click on the LCM, hit the "L" key and then click on the tank. If the LCM is already loaded, the tank may not fit.

[ October 17, 2001: Message edited by: Warrior ]</p>

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 5:23 pm
by timc
Also, you can't load vehicles that are themselves loaded. So, if your tanks are carrying passengers, they won't get loaded.

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 10:33 pm
by i2r06
Thanks guys. That did the trick. I think the mistake I was making was 1) clicking on the tank first and then trying to load into the LCM. 2) trying to load Halftrack and trucks when they were loaded with troops or towing something. By the way. I still think 2) should work. A truck loaded with troops should fit in an LCM.

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 11:00 pm
by IKerensky
you can also use the Northern dock that isnt close to a VH, he go to deep water so yo can stack LCS with vehicule there and take a big load.

Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 11:42 pm
by timc
While a truck loaded with troops should "fit" on an LCM, you have to consider the additional weight. Also, a truck towing anything may not physically fit on the landing craft. So a truck towing a howitzer has the crew on the truck and the howitzer sticking out behind.
Additionally, I know that (in peacetime anyway) we never let troops ride in vehicles on landing craft or ferries for safety reasons. If the boat starts sinking you don't want to be on or in a truck.