Page 1 of 1

CTD

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:35 am
by dlotus
I bought RFTS a few days ago by digital download and it does nothing but crash to desktop, regardless of turn, setup, race ect, i have tried many different ways of setting it up but it seems it does not matter, i run an amd sempron 1.7g, geforce fx5200, 512ddr all upto date drivers, like rfts and have played it since the old apple versions so would like to play this one too, any help would be appreciated,

thanks, dlotus.

RE: CTD

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:43 pm
by RocketMan
Have you installed the 1.41 patch?

RE: CTD

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:41 am
by dlotus
the digital download comes with all patches, so yes it is at version 1.41. It also freezes in mp with the computer symbol and yellow ball going around it.

RE: CTD

Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:11 pm
by RocketMan
Sorry that I can't help. It looks like you will have to contact Erik Rutins directly.

RE: CTD

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:32 am
by Cmdrcain
ORIGINAL: dlotus

the digital download comes with all patches, so yes it is at version 1.41. It also freezes in mp with the computer symbol and yellow ball going around it.


I've had the problem with the ball thing occuring at all points in game, it was fine until I patched to 1.41

When I get around to It I'll uninstall and re-install to pre-1.41

I think 1.41 patch may have broke something..


RE: CTD

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:56 pm
by dlotus
Hmm, well if that is the case im buggered before i start cause the Digital Download comes as v1.41 so i guess im screwed and the admins wont respond...

RE: CTD

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:30 pm
by Erik Rutins
dlotus,

Alex at SSG is looking into this. In the meantime, can you post a DxDiag file for us? (instructions are pinned to the top of this forum). Thanks.

Regards,

- Erik

RE: CTD

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:33 am
by dlotus
Thanks for responding to the post Erik, I hope they can sort this problem out, I've attached the dxdiag info to this post.

RE: CTD

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:52 am
by jgarg
I am having the same problem with the ball around the computer when in a multiplayer game with other computer players.
I d/l 1.41 via dig d/l yesterday.

RE: CTD

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:45 pm
by dlotus
yup, well i found a short fix for that but it still crashes just not as often, what i've worked out is after a certain number of colonists (or colonist building) is built it will crash depending (not 100% sure of this) but if you set your multi game to start in early colonisation (not sure if it works for the other types of starting options) you will get a game to last longer not sure of how long. My multi has lasted upto 190 turns before it crashes, and since i havent heard back from Erik from here or AlexS from SSG i have no idea what to do to try and solve it totally. Erik please tell me if they are still working on it for me or whats going on.

Thanks
Dlotus

RE: CTD

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:21 pm
by Erik Rutins
As far as I know, they are still working on it. I will check in with Alex tonight to see when they expect to be able to release an update.

Regards,

- Erik

RE: CTD

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:42 am
by jgarg
Was the version before 1.41 more stable for multiplayer games using random game?
If so is there any chance of obtaining the earlier version until this problem is solved?