Page 1 of 2

2 vs 2 Newb ... NOW RUNNING

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:02 pm
by des06
After several Solo-games I want to play against someone better than computer ... easy task [;)]

I'm thinking on a 2 vs 2 game, preferably experienced gamers, I want to learn how to play with humans quickly [:)]

About rules, I prefer something like this:
Advanced Supply ON
Fog of War ON
No Auto or Area supply
Auto Victory OFF (since rules are likely changing)
End Date ON ... or OFF ... no matter.

I would like to play 1 turn per day.

Someone interested ??

Aps!!! sorry with my poor english ... I drive on the right, the distance is measured in meters ... I'm spanish [:D]

RE: 2 vs 2 Newb

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:47 pm
by des06
[8|]

RE: 2 vs 2 Newb

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:09 pm
by JanSorensen
In generel I find that its far easier to play 1on1 than 2on2 - including finding opponents.

I also find that playing against an experienced player in your first pbem game is all too likely to lead to a one sided game.

That aside. If you want to play 1vs1 with a somewhat experienced player then mail me your Axis turn or just mail me if you want to play Allies. My email is janbs@stofanet.dk

The options you list are fine with me. I also drive in the right side, measure in meters - I live in Denmark.

RE: 2 vs 2 Newb

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:19 pm
by Wise01
Hi!
I am not very experienced, in the moment i have my 2 first Pbem going.
But..., I am in if you want.
I wanna play Russia/China.
But i propose to set Auto/Area supply individual as players want it or not.
Also i vote for Fuel ON, Auto Victory and End Date ON.

As far as i know Pmiranda is also interested in starting a game.

Greets
-Wise

RE: 2 vs 2 Newb

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:28 pm
by pmiranda
I confirm you can count me in. [:)]
Any country is OK for me, as I'm quite a beginner.

RE: 2 vs 2 Newb

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:31 pm
by pmiranda
What is the fuel option, by the way?
I'm also from the "old world": Switzerland

RE: 2 vs 2 Newb

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:12 pm
by des06
Great !!!

JanSorensen, now we are 4 players, ¿is ok for you? I hope so.
Pmiranda, fuel option means it would cost 1 extra resource to move the armors two spaces.

Pmiranda speaks spanish better than I speak english, then we can play like this:
Germany : des06 DES06@telefonica.net
Japan : Pmiranda (I know the e-mail)
Russia & China : Wise01 baztard@baer.rwth-aachen.de
WA: Jan Sorensen janbs@stofanet.dk

I play the first turn and send the result to pmiranda ...
Remember:
Advanced Supply ON
Fog of War ON
No Auto or Area supply
Auto Victory OFF
End Date ON
Fuel OFF


I hope to learn a lot from experience of Jan & Wise [:)]

PD Wise01, fuel is off because Axis is green (pemiranda and I) and Allies (you and Jan) are experienced ... some advantage ... [:)]

RE: 2 vs 2 Newb

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:41 pm
by Wise01
Great!
I am fine with the rules.
My E-MAil: baztard@baer.rwth-aachen.de

P.S.: Hmm, i am not much experienced, on my first pbem game as Germany i am on the best way to a great Loose. Italy had surrendererd turn 1.... ;-)

-Wise

RE: 2 vs 2 Newb

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:42 pm
by JanSorensen
Ok with me.

Note that auto/area supply can be on or off seperately for each power - it does not have to be the same for all. It does not add any game power - its merely a tool to help/hinder the player moving his forces :)

RE: 2 vs 2 Newb

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:34 pm
by des06
Germany has conquered France with some casualities, Denmark (easy), and Yugoslavia with 4 militia killed.
Der Wehrmacht has begun to construct a solid Atlantic Wall, and Italians prepare for battle.

Who's the next nation to capitulate ??
No one knows !!!

First turn played, and save sent to pmiranda. Have luck !!! [:)]

RE: 2 vs 2 Newb

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:43 pm
by des06
I forgot to put FOW ON ... if you want I can change it and play again my first turn ... and maybe I will not forget my submarine in the middle of the Atlantic ...

The situation is this:


Image

RE: 2 vs 2 Newb

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:45 pm
by JanSorensen
Doesnt matter terribly to me - if you do it then do it fast though - so the game can get rolling.

With the opening you posted I would be tempted to play the E. Prussian gambit btw.

RE: 2 vs 2 Newb

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:23 pm
by des06
"the E. Prussian gambit btw." .... glup ! [X(] ...
[&o] [&o]

Ok ... ok ... while playing my turn I was all the time repeating me "WA is not the computer, is a 'Matrix Hero' ... so one INF more can be good here, there ... anywhere" ... anywhere except Prussia ... [:(]

Anyway, it is my first game ... I hope learn a lot, maybe some months later I can say to someone something like "I'm thinking about the E. Prussian gambit" ... [:D]

RE: 2 vs 2 Newb

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:30 pm
by des06
But ... what are the benefits of taking E. Prussia ?? ... I think isn't a good idea, you can not mantain the position more than 1 turn, and you have to put in serious danger your bomber and maybe your CV's ... Germany can manage the situation in E. Prussia while making the war in other zones, and maybe you have to leave the MED for Italy during a couple of turns ... ...

I'm impatient ... I know [:)]

RE: 2 vs 2 Newb

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:34 pm
by des06
Aps !!! the garrison is out, then Russia enters the war and ... and the war is over [&o]

RE: 2 vs 2 Newb

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:34 pm
by JanSorensen
Hehe, you were the one that asked for experienced opponents :)

RE: 2 vs 2 Newb

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:42 pm
by des06
ORIGINAL: JanSorensen

Hehe, you were the one that asked for experienced opponents :)
I was thinking on learning ... and I need more than one turn to learn

pmiranda is going to me [:D]

RE: 2 vs 2 Newb

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:20 pm
by Wise01
Hehe!
Leave Prussia unguarded so i am not bored to death (in the beginning turns) playing Russia! *g*

Anyways good to know, i for myself didn't know either about the "russian gambit".
But if you put the German fleet out to sea and flak/artillery in denmark it should be nearly impossible for WA to do so, or?

Stalin patiently awaits his turn to make use of his mighty Baltic Sea fleet! :)

-Wise

RE: 2 vs 2 Newb

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:24 pm
by JanSorensen
There is a screenshot here: tm.asp?m=903174 showing that particular play.

RE: 2 vs 2 Newb

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:43 pm
by pmiranda
Fuel OFF
Didn't we decide to use this option? I assumed we did, otherwise I would have moved my carriers a few more zones... (it's that rule where you spend extra supply to move more than one zone, correct?)

East Prussia gambit: never thought about that either! [:(] Let's hope the Royal Navy meets disaster. Anyway, how could you disembark units there if you don't have convoys in the baltic at turn start? I must be missing something here! Can someone explain?

By the way, the attack on Yugoslavia never occured to me either. I always assumed Rumania, etc. would only join Germany after the attack was completed. This looks like kind of a bug to me, to be honest. Sending a first wave to trigger war entry and then attack with the rest... [:-]