Page 1 of 1
SPWAW v. 8.4 video problems
Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:27 pm
by JavF
Just started playing SP WAW again.
I've been experiencing the game screen going black regularly during the game.
Scrolling the screen solves the problem. But it happens again and again.
has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix?
I'm using a ATI Radeon 9600 XT with the Catalyst version 5.8 driver.
Thanks.
[&:]
RE: SPWAW v. 8.4 video problems
Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:34 pm
by DuckofTindalos
It happens to everybody, irrespective of graphics card, and there appears to be no fix. I've learned to live with it.
RE: SPWAW v. 8.4 video problems
Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:38 pm
by Alby
I never had it happen to me before I updated a graphics driver....I then rolled back to the previous driver and the problem went away...I suspect that the problem lies in some particular drivers.
RE: SPWAW v. 8.4 video problems
Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:42 pm
by KG Erwin
JavF, check out the "Technical Issues" sticky.
Certain video cards, and newer drivers for them, just don't get along with SPWaW. I had a PNY GeForce MX420 in my old PC, and never had any problems until I upgraded the drivers. I had to rollback to an earlier version. My Dimension 2400 has had no issues at all, so far (crossing fingers & knocking on wood).
RE: SPWAW v. 8.4 video problems
Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:06 pm
by DuckofTindalos
I said "no fix" because rolling back your graphics drivers might not be an option for some people, considering that they MIGHT (shock, horror) have other games they like to run on their computer.
RE: SPWAW v. 8.4 video problems
Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:22 pm
by KG Erwin
ORIGINAL: Terminus
I said "no fix" because rolling back your graphics drivers might not be an option for some people, considering that they MIGHT (shock, horror) have other games they like to run on their computer.
Yes, I agree. I wish I could afford to have a second PC dedicated solely to playing SPWaW, but I have to feed my family and keep the electricity on. [8|]