Page 1 of 1
Game Question
Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:55 am
by Jonny_B
[&:][&:]
I have two questions for anybody that has personally played this game?
How do you conquer a planet from your enemy or enemies occupation?
How do you claim a newly discovered planet that is unoccupied.
Thanks
[:)]
RE: Game Question
Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:04 am
by Zap
I hope some one replies. I don1t have the game but I was too looking for some game information. I posted, no reply. Is anyone still playing this game?
RE: Game Question
Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:31 pm
by Rainbow7
The focus of the game is clearly on the use of starships. Conquering a planet, while possible, isn't always the best route to go. I often keep enemy's planets around, just to raid their trade routes for money. But, to answer your question, you assault a planet and take out it's mobile and ground-based defenses, and then attack it with a starship loaded with an assault pod (and troops).
Colonizing new planets is expensive (and you'll have to expand your borders slowly, because colony ships have a limited range, if I remember correctly). You'll be more likely to just settle a few, and with the rest of the planets in your 'borders' you'll set up freight routes to bring in money.
It's been a few months since my last game, so my memory is somewhat foggy on the details, but I'll try to answer any questions you have.