Page 1 of 1
Installation Errors
Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:43 pm
by anderson3250
I have downloaded the game 2 times and both times after it finished and I went to install the program says that I dont have the right privelages (now I am logged in as Admin). I have checked the zip files to see if they were corrupt and they are not. It makes a msdos icon after I clicked it. Is this really for XP pro?
System specs:
XP PRO
700 Mhz
256 mb ram
NVIDIA Geforce4 MX 4000 128MB
Any help would be greatly appreciated, the game looks promising but the installation error has me stumped.
Its 8.2 BTW
RE: Installation Errors
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:22 am
by junk2drive
I'm surprised that you can get XP to run on that rig.
I am not very clear, is the game installing? If so,
Go into the game folder and find the .exe file. Right click and choose Send to desktop - shortcut. Try to start the game from this shortcut.
RE: Installation Errors
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:30 am
by anderson3250
It wont install at all, I have the zip and I unzipped it but when I click for it to install it gives me you dont have the privilages or cant access this file error. I am running admin so I should be able to run it, and when I clicked the exe file it makes an msdos icon as if it is an DOS App.
I pride myself on my ability to make XP run on stuff much worse than this.
RE: Installation Errors
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:06 am
by rockmedic109
I think it is a GeForce 2 problem. SPWAW will not run with the Voodoo 2 cards. Everything before and everything after is fine, but not Voodoo 2. Couldn't run it on my laptop till the Voodoo 2 card failed.
RE: Installation Errors
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:56 am
by anderson3250
Woah sorry bout the mess up check the first post again. I changed the graphics card (i forgot that i upgraded to geforce 4)
RE: Installation Errors
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:25 am
by omegaall
Its so long ago, but was the down load a zip or exe. If its an exe it should have the litle computer and CD type icon. If your exe down load has the dos exe type icon then something is wrong.
ORIGINAL: anderson3250
I have downloaded the game 2 times and both times after it finished and I went to install the program says that I dont have the right privelages (now I am logged in as Admin). I have checked the zip files to see if they were corrupt and they are not. It makes a msdos icon after I clicked it. Is this really for XP pro?
Its 8.2 BTW
The file Mech.exe, when unpacked wil have teh basic exe type icon also.
I did at one point get the same result you are taling about and it was something to do with the down loaded file.
As for graphics card I was running 7.1/H2H ans 8.2 on a GeForce2 MX-400 chipset Video Adapter..
RE: Installation Errors
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:15 am
by anderson3250
It was a zip file that when unpacked did that. I figured out how to and I did install the game. I went into safe mode to install; there must be some auto shutoff conflict with my computer and the installer. It works fine now and it seems to play right (as far as I know).