Page 1 of 1
Objective of Air HQs
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:34 pm
by Brausepaul
Given the case I have one or two BGs with B-17s and an Air HQ stationed at PM and my plan is to bomb Rabaul. What objective the Air HQ has to be set to: Rabaul because it's the target or PM because that's the place it's positioned? [&:]
RE: Objective of Air HQs
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:39 pm
by DuckofTindalos
According to 7.2.2.6 in the manual, it doesn't seem to make any difference. The Air HQ provides a bonus to your bombers no matter what you set its objective to.
RE: Objective of Air HQs
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:54 pm
by Brausepaul
Mmh, well, the paragraph you mentioned doesn't say anything at all about the objective, that's why I came up with this question, sometimes I'm a nitpicker kind of type [8D]
RE: Objective of Air HQs
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:38 pm
by Rob Brennan UK
Frankly im sorry to say i have no idea .. curious though [:)]
One thought .. whats the range on the air hq in question ? i'd bet that rabaul is out of range so setting the objective is pointless anyway [;)]
RE: Objective of Air HQs
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:41 pm
by 11Bravo
My Air HQ's seem to increase the number of bombers flying and improve support at the base regardless of what location they are prepped for. This is in India, where I move them around occasionally depending on circumstances. Haven't read the manual though...
RE: Objective of Air HQs
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:52 pm
by Brausepaul
Yeah, I'm just wondering if there is bonus for the objective, too. I do think Rabaul is in range (nine hexes?), but it would be good to know anyway.
Mogami, Senor Frag?
RE: Objective of Air HQs
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:01 pm
by Gem35
Set the HQ to plan for the base it currently resides in. It's main focus is to help get the boys up in the air, I don't think you can classify an HQ as an assault unit now can you?
RE: Objective of Air HQs
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:14 pm
by esteban
If your HQ is in a base hex where land combat is occurring, having the preparation set for that base hex will help it generate extra firepower (But really, HQ units have pretty bad firepower anyway). However, the preparation makes no difference as far as air combat is concerned.
RE: Objective of Air HQs
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:21 pm
by spence
From my limited reading of the manual it seems prep points only affect land combat therefore it would seem HQs ought to prep for their own location to enhance their (limited) value against ground assault.
JMTCW
RE: Objective of Air HQs
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:26 pm
by Ron Saueracker
Ever wonder why no official answers are given to these kind of queries?[&:]
RE: Objective of Air HQs
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:28 pm
by rtrapasso
ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker
Ever wonder why no official answers are given to these kind of queries?[&:]
No Mods around anymore except for Mog. I think they might have washed their hands of WITP...[:(]
RE: Objective of Air HQs
Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:29 pm
by Mark VII
In current game with Capt Ed I do have my Air HQ's gathering points for the locations I want to bomb into the stone age. Going to be alittle dissapointed if this has no effect.[:@]
RE: Objective of Air HQs
Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:46 am
by witpqs
ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker
Ever wonder why no official answers are given to these kind of queries?[&:]
Yeah. Why?
RE: Objective of Air HQs
Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:52 am
by Nikademus
ORIGINAL: Brausepaul
Yeah, I'm just wondering if there is bonus for the objective, too. I do think Rabaul is in range (nine hexes?), but it would be good to know anyway.
Mogami, Senor Frag?
Only with land command HQ's to my knowledge. Setting a higher HQ to the objective that you are targeting or commanding will lend command PP's to the troops fighting there
RE: Objective of Air HQs
Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:43 am
by DuckofTindalos
ORIGINAL: rtrapasso
ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker
Ever wonder why no official answers are given to these kind of queries?[&:]
No Mods around anymore except for Mog. I think they might have washed their hands of WITP...[:(]
Unfortunately, I'm inclined to agree with you...
RE: Objective of Air HQs
Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:14 pm
by Hartley
HQs are much more simplified than originally thought.
Like using North Pacific units in Australia with no penalties whatsoever.
RE: Objective of Air HQs
Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:14 pm
by DFalcon
ORIGINAL: Hartley
Like using North Pacific units in Australia with no penalties whatsoever.
You forgo any bonuses though. A small thing, but something at least.