Page 1 of 1

Name This...(437)

Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:44 pm
by Brady
???






Image










RE: Name This...(437)

Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:49 pm
by Apollo11
Hi all,

Japanese Pearl Harbor sketch?


Leo "Apollo11"

RE: Name This...(437)

Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:50 pm
by wild_Willie2
Plans for the new DAIHATSU plant in the " soon to be burnt out" plots in tokyo...

RE: Name This...(437)

Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:52 pm
by 51st Highland Div
Looks like a PH sketch to me....[:D]

RE: Name This...(437)

Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:03 pm
by DuckofTindalos
I'd say so too...

RE: Name This...(437)

Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:57 pm
by Wolfie1
Photo of original plan for the attack on "Battleship Row".

RE: Name This...(437)

Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:48 pm
by Seeadler
Sketch of Pearl Harbour drawn by the Japanese spy Takeo Yoshikawa aka Tadashi Morimura.

RE: Name This...(437)

Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:15 pm
by scott64
Treasure map around Pearl Harbor [:'(][X(]

RE: Name This...(437)

Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:26 pm
by ilovestrategy
it's just mind boggling to think that just after Pearl Harbor the US Navy was crippled and outnumbered and just a couple of years later it had fleets so big that you could see ships off to the horizon. I can only imagine what those IJN pilots thought when they saw those vast armadas.

RE: Name This...(437)

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:20 am
by gunnergoz
ORIGINAL: ilovestrategy

it's just mind boggling to think that just after Pearl Harbor the US Navy was crippled and outnumbered and just a couple of years later it had fleets so big that you could see ships off to the horizon. I can only imagine what those IJN pilots thought when they saw those vast armadas.

"What the #%#@@%$ were we thinking?" [:D]

RE: Name This...(437)

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:06 am
by ilovestrategy
LOL!!!!!

RE: Name This...(437)

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:24 am
by Sharkosaurus rex
Seem Brady hasn't answered yet- I'll go out on a limb and say Columbo or Trinacomalee on Ceylon. I don't know what those ports look like, but I'm basing my guess on the right corner which I think is the date and days of favourable attack conditions. The double bars are probably Jap symbols for single ships. Probably completed wrong...

Image

RE: Name This...(437)

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:47 am
by String
Pearl harbor..

RE: Name This...(437)

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:39 pm
by Brady


Pearl Harbor, it is[:)]


..............


This was taken from the cockpit of a downed Atack plane, image source does not indicate what type of plane, but my gues might be a torpedo plane, I was hopping that one of the Japanese speaking folks her might be able to shead some light on what the text has to say. I am asuming that the info details actack vectors and watter depth and number of intended atacks per target but I am only gussing.




RE: Name This...(437)

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:50 pm
by Zebedee
Ok, my Japanese is rusty. But I think the characters in the bottom right (under the arrow) say Pearl Harbour (eep, please be nice if I've got this wrong).

The title running along the very top reads something like "Positional (as in where everything is)Report Paper A"

Everything else seems to be numbers with the occasional 'double' thrown in down the left hand side.

Could it be just a map of where all the American ships were?

RE: Name This...(437)

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:52 pm
by shall59
It's also upside down compared to most pic/drawings of PH. Harbor entrace is on the bottom.

RE: Name This...(437)

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:16 pm
by panda124c
How did you get hold of my first turn plans for Pearl Harbor! I will have the spy shot the minute I find him. [:D]