Page 1 of 1

Harpoon from Matrix?

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:02 am
by ydejin
I found a webpage reporting that Matrix Games is working on updating Harpoon in conjunction with Advanced Gaming System, and that a Matrix published Harpoon Classic 2005 Commander's Edition is scheduled for release this fall.

I haven't seen anything on this on Matrix's pages, just on the Advanced Gaming System page. Is this still on? I would be very excited to see Matrix get involved in updating Harpoon.

http://www.advancedgaming.biz/index.php?cevent=page.view&id=43

RE: Harpoon from Matrix?

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:38 pm
by Erik Rutins
Yes, you'll see something soon - most likely within the next 2 weeks on this.

Regards,

- Erik

RE: Harpoon from Matrix?

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:34 pm
by ydejin
Excellent!

RE: Harpoon from Matrix?

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:52 pm
by watchtower
This could be very cool.

Matrix & Harpoon = nice

[8D][8D][8D][8D][8D]

RE: Harpoon from Matrix?

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:43 am
by Pippin
Very interesting...

RE: Harpoon from Matrix?

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:15 am
by RedMike
mmmmm.

:)

RedMike OUT

RE: Harpoon from Matrix?

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:39 am
by Hartford688
Any rumours as to whether this will be the existing HIII with the long awaited MP development...or if there will be other changes to interface and suchlike?

Just wondering as I already have HIII, more interested in solitaire - so wondering if this is really going to add anything?

Good that it will get an even wider audience though.

RE: Harpoon from Matrix?

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:15 pm
by hermanhum
From what I have seen and heard, it doesn't look like there will be many changes in the interface. Looks like they are primarily focused on squashing bugs. I hope that they get the ones that have been around since Harpoon 2.

Since you already own H3, why don't you take the Beta release out for a test drive, yourself? You can get the Beta version here. You can also check out the bugs that they have been squashing

http://mantis.advancedgaming.biz
Username: guest Password: guest

One thing that I did notice is that there are changes to the Victory Conditions, but that is more of a concern for Scen Designers than for players. I haven't been following the Beta testing. The last I heard, they were concentrating on getting the MP functional and weren't looking too hard at the SP. However, I could be off the mark on that.

RE: Harpoon from Matrix?

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:36 am
by Hartford688
Thanks!