Page 1 of 1

Looking for opponent for slow-paced game

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:49 pm
by Slaughtermeyer
I'd be interested in playing either scenario 15 as the Allies or the Aug. 42 campaign game as the Japs. I'll have time to do only one or two turns per week until next month, when hopefully I'll have time to do turns more often.

I'd like to do 1-day turns but am open to realism settings and house rules (if any). I'd like to use the 1.602 beta patch unless you agree to never use the "follow all" command that causes units to disappear in 1.60.

EDIT: Now I'm looking for a partner to jointly play the Japs in the August 1942 campaign, see below.

RE: Looking for opponent for slow-paced game

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:14 pm
by CaptDave
I'd be interested, if you're willing to put up with my limitations:

1. This would be my first PBEM.

2. I've never played the Japanese side, but would be interested in doing so for Scenario 15.

3. I've never looked at the Aug 42 scenario, but would be willing to try that as the Allies.

4. My schedule is such that 1-2 turns per week is likely to be the norm for longer than just a month.

5. It'll be next week before I'm in a position to address the first turn.

If this is all okay, my preference would be the Scenario 15 option. Let me know and we can work out our rules of engagement.

RE: Looking for opponent for slow-paced game

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:58 pm
by Slaughtermeyer
Opponent found. Action Stations! EDIT: see the next post.

(Action Stations! was actually the title of an old tactical WW2 naval game that was quite good for its time.)

RE: Looking for opponent for slow-paced game

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:07 am
by Slaughtermeyer
I am the Japanese in an August '42 campaign against CaptDave. If anyone is interested, I would be willing to make this game into a 2x1 game with my partner taking the Japanese forces in the China-Burma-India theater, and possibly the DEI too. Prior PBEM experience not necessary but you should have at least some experience in ground warfare against the AI.