Page 1 of 3

HE;S Back (Well Sort OF)

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:14 am
by pry
Finally finished up my 8 week inventory control system project at work as of last night, (and it actually works as advertised no less [;)]), I will need to spend some time reading what you all have been up to around here.

However Hurricane Rita may delay that for a while because they have started ordering mandatory evacuations of the costal areas around here, we have managed to stay hurricane free for the last 22 years (last big one was Alicia in 1983, 115MPH) but Rita looks to be taking a shine to this area and appears to be taking aim for us... Now living right on Galveston Bay at 8 feet above sea level It's looking like it might be wise to start thinking about packing up the important stuff and getting outta Dodge and heading to my daughters (200 miles inland) up in east Texas until she passes.

So it might be a few more days yet before I can get back up to speed on what has been happening around here and then start updating my scenarios, so hang in there i'll start answering my back log of PM's and email soon.

RE: HE;S Back (Well Sort OF)

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:23 am
by Marten
take care

RE: HE;S Back (Well Sort OF)

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:23 pm
by rogueusmc
I'm in Tyler pry...gimme a call if you are near there.

RE: HE;S Back (Well Sort OF)

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:24 pm
by Twotribes
It is a cat 4 storm now and looks to be stronger than Katrina in a very short time. It is projected to make land fall west of Houstan on the Texas coast right now. I would rent a uhaul and take everything you could It is predicted to hit Friday.

RE: HE;S Back (Well Sort OF)

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:17 pm
by Apollo11
Hi all,

Take care and may luck be with you!


Leo "Apollo11"

RE: HE;S Back (Well Sort OF)

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:25 pm
by Nomad
Whaqt to come up here for a visit, I live at 6800 feet elevation, no hurricane is going to get here. [:D]

Now if we talk about the Volcano, [:@][&:]

RE: HE;S Back (Well Sort OF)

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:57 pm
by DuckofTindalos
ORIGINAL: Nomad

Whaqt to come up here for a visit, I live at 6800 feet elevation, no hurricane is going to get here. [:D]

You know, saying something like that just makes God go, "Aah, a challenge!"[8D]

RE: HE;S Back (Well Sort OF)

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:02 pm
by Nomad
ORIGINAL: Terminus

ORIGINAL: Nomad

Whaqt to come up here for a visit, I live at 6800 feet elevation, no hurricane is going to get here. [:D]

You know, saying something like that just makes God go, "Aah, a challenge!"[8D]

That is why I mentioned the Volcano, I live on top of the largest potential Volcano in the World. [:(][:D]

I was trying to get across the idea that no matter where you are, some kind of natural disaster can strike.

RE: HE;S Back (Well Sort OF)

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:04 pm
by DuckofTindalos
Yup. It's just a matter of signing up on the correct "Which natural disaster do you want to be killed by" list.

RE: HE;S Back (Well Sort OF)

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:05 pm
by ckk
Hi Pry

Ivan last year strong cat 3 hit about as far away as Freeport is to you and we got 12 foot storm surge. To paraphrase go North and West young man!![;)]

ckk

RE: HE;S Back (Well Sort OF)

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:30 pm
by Oliver Heindorf
hey pry, today I was thinking about you hearing the news about Rita and moving towards Galveston Bay....glad that you are OK - my advise : come to europe ! We dont have these weather stuff you guys have....our storms are laughable compared to yours and our houses are ALL made of stone....however if water is strong enough it doesnt matter anyway....

good luck & take care !

RE: HE;S Back (Well Sort OF)

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:57 pm
by Mynok

Plus, your water is all made of beer! [:D]

RE: HE;S Back (Well Sort OF)

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:20 pm
by DuckofTindalos
Better than the other way around![;)]

RE: First things first...

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:22 pm
by RevRick
Keep the CPU and the cojones dry and operative. We can wait for updates.

RE: First things first...

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:29 pm
by Dereck
Weather Channel just said Rita could be getting stronger and it's already reached Category 5.

RE: First things first...

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:30 pm
by DuckofTindalos
Be safe!

RE: First things first...

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:24 pm
by pry
Quick update,

It just took 3 hours to get home from work; the boss let me go early because they have ordered a mandatory evacuation of my town (Baytown TX.) looks like nearly half of the 4 million population of the greater Harris County area is also moving inland traffic is a mess...

Gonna load up all the important stuff and head up to my daughters place just north of Nacogdoches (and play with a grandson for a few days) so wish us luck this monster is going to hurt... Be back when I can...

RE: First things first...

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:18 pm
by Oleg Mastruko
Pry welcome back and best of luck to you, but thats just some wind and water you'll get thru it [;)]

O.

RE: HE;S Back (Well Sort OF)

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:21 pm
by ChezDaJez
Good luck, Pry. I seen Rita is now a category 5. I've seen the History channel segment concerning the hurricane of 1905(?). It doesn't look like it takes much to wreck Galveston.

Chez

RE: HE;S Back (Well Sort OF)

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:26 pm
by ChezDaJez
That is why I mentioned the Volcano, I live on top of the largest potential Volcano in the World.

True, biggest potentail volcano. I live about 50 miles from Mt St. Helens and I can tell ya this one really works!!!

Chez