Page 1 of 1

Need Help from Italy

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2001 10:05 pm
by G Van Horne
I have some medals that my Dad gave me before he passed on. He brought them back from the war and I believe one of them is Italian.
It is a cross with the insciption..
CERVIA
ADVNATA dei COMBATTENTI
della PROVINCIA di RAVENNA
PRIMAVERA 1929
A*VII*E*F*
It has a sword pointing upward on the other side.
What does it say and what was it's purpose.
Thanx
Garth

Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2001 11:14 pm
by Resisti
Hi.
This should be a commemorative medal for combatants of WWI.
Translation is:

Cervia
combatants gathering of Ravenna province
spring 1929

Then I guess that A*VII*E*F* is for:
"Anno VII Era Fascista", that is 7th year of fascist era.
Note: Ravenna is a city and Cervia is a town within Ravenna province.

Dont know if the sword has a specific meaning.
Hope this helps.