Page 1 of 2
Not seen this game.....
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:07 am
by Fred98
Anybody have links to a fan site - I have not heard of this game before.
RE: Not seen this game.....
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:12 am
by wodin
Joe you suprise me.
The Campaign series was excellent.
You will enjoy.
I owend West Front and East Front.
RE: Not seen this game.....
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:19 am
by Oleg Mastruko
It's not one game, it's a series.
Started with East Front - nice, I drooled for that game, but it was incredibly buggy to tell the truth.
Then came IIRC West Front (North Africa and well West Front). Then there was Rising Sun (land combat in the Pacific). Then they went back to East Front and did East Front II, which was basically reworked EF, without bugs and with many new scenarios and other features.
There were scenario packs for some (all?) games in the series.
Final game in the series was not liked by critics, it was Divided ground, covering four Arab-Israeli wars.
So in short that's Campaign series for ya.
Here are some EF2 screenshots just so you get the basic idea what the game(s) look like.
http://www.gamershell.com/pc/east_front ... shots.html
Very nice little tank models [:D], fast, fluid, no fuss gameplay... EF 2 came with I think 150+ scenarios, making it richest wargame, scenario wise, I ever saw. Plus there were several campaigns (historic and "linked" ie random).
O.
RE: Not seen this game.....
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:01 am
by Fred98
The sceen shots show a game in 3D. I probably saw it sometime and ignored it.
Is there an option to play in 2D?
-
RE: Not seen this game.....
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:15 am
by Oleg Mastruko
Yes there is 2D option.
O.
RE: Not seen this game.....
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:03 pm
by JJKettunen
ORIGINAL: Oleg Mastruko
EF 2 came with I think 150+ scenarios,
And none of them were about the Finnish front 1944. [:-][:D]
Which reminds me that I should propably finish my Siiranmaki 1944 -scenario for EF 2 soon (hint, hint [;)])
RE: Not seen this game.....
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:27 pm
by pvthudson01
I have East Front II and West Front and Rising Sun cant wait for these to come out again!
RE: Not seen this game.....
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:26 pm
by coralsaw
Keke,
A little off-topic, if you don't mind, can you make the bitmap in your signature smaller. It's usually not good practice to have long signatures, as it makes the forum more difficult to read.
Thx.
/coralsaw
RE: Not seen this game.....
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:34 pm
by JJKettunen
ORIGINAL: coralsaw
Keke,
A little off-topic, if you don't mind, can you make the bitmap in your signature smaller. It's usually not good practice to have long signatures, as it makes the forum more difficult to read.
Thx.
/coralsaw
No problem. I was wondering if it caused any irritation. Removed soon.
RE: Not seen this game.....
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:07 pm
by Hertston
East Front 2 is just awesome, as was Rising Sun. I still play EF2 on occasion, and will certainly buy a re-release with any significant improvements. The other one I'd like to see is a fixed-up and improved Decisive Ground; although with The Star and the Crescent on pre-order I'm less enthused than I might have been six months ago.
RE: Not seen this game.....
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:45 pm
by Tankerace
I still play the campaign series to this day. Except for WitP (and WPO [:D]) They are the best strategy games I have ever owned. Don't play RS that much, but I love WF, and right now I'm slogging through the steps of Russia commanding a Panzer Abteilung. As good as I am doing, I'll probably get the regiment in a few battles. Weeee!
RE: Not seen this game.....
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:20 pm
by Captain Cruft
This engine is related to Panzer Campaigns and Squad Battles, if that's of any help. The user interface of all three is very similar.
Basically it's IGO-UGO and there is op-fire. There is both an isometric 3D view and a standard 2D top-down view with NATO-esque counters. Scale is what I suppose you would call "grand tactical".
Since I've never actually played anything but the demo others could fill in the details somewhat better
RE: Not seen this game.....
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:36 pm
by johnhulten
I own and have played all of these. They are wonderful!! They are my favorite games in linked campaign mode next to SPWAW. I'll buy them all again.
RE: Not seen this game.....
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:36 pm
by pvthudson01
East Front II
Stalingrad....buildings and tanks on fire.....
AWESOME
RE: Not seen this game.....
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:41 pm
by asiaticus
Paul Adaway did a fix for DG a while ago that is downloadable at the Blitzkrieg Clulb or the Divided Ground: Vietnam website.
RE: Not seen this game.....
Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:11 am
by wodin
I will buy again:)
CS game club site.
Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:31 am
by asiaticus
RE: Not seen this game.....
Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:39 am
by Hertston
EDIT: Never mind, found it
HERE
RE: Not seen this game.....
Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:26 pm
by Jason Petho
ORIGINAL: Hertston
EDIT: Never mind, found it
HERE
Good day
You'll find the DG correction here:
ftp://209.164.73.216/pub/mods/campaign_ ... 20_Ground/
You would want to download the DG2.00.zip file
This includes the DG corrections.
Hope that helps
Take care and good luck
Jason Petho
RE: Not seen this game.....
Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:09 pm
by SGT Rice
I believe the premier fan site is
www.theblitz.org
dozens of community generated scenarios, gaming ladders, win/loss statistics on thousands of scenario playins by ladder members, all easily accessible via an easy to use website.