Page 1 of 1

Counts on Steals

Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:14 pm
by jono
I manage all my teams games and have noticed that when I or my computer opponent elects to attempt to steal a base it will give the count on the steal attempt, then the result of the steal with a ball or strike after it then the batter will be up again with a completely random ball/strike count. For example Count 1 ball 2 strikes, Runner is out stealing [Strike 1] 1-0 count when you hit enter again. I'm not sure what the pitch count does but will look next time it happens.

RE: Counts on Steals

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:17 am
by puresimmer
Is this on the gold edition or 8.21?

I know I fixed an issue with this in the gold edition...

RE: Counts on Steals

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:16 pm
by PadresFan104
ORIGINAL: puresimmer

Is this on the gold edition or 8.21?

I know I fixed an issue with this in the gold edition...

Shaun, I don't think you completely squashed this one, because I saw it this weekend with the Gold Edition.

Al

RE: Counts on Steals

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:41 pm
by jono
It's in the Gold Edition.

RE: Counts on Steals

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:41 pm
by puresimmer
Can you guys give me any more specifics? Is it a specific count or play outcome? I'll keep looking...

RE: Counts on Steals

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:49 am
by jono
Tried 3 steals this game. On both an 0-1 pitch and a 1-1 pitch it showed Runner safe! (Strike 1) and the next pitch shown was the 0-1 pitch so they seemed to be wrong.
On the third steal no count was shown, the runner was safe (Ball 1) and the next pitch shown was the 2-2 pitch.
My team is kind of plodding but I'll give you my results when I or my opponent attempt steals.

RE: Counts on Steals

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:35 am
by jono
Tried 4 steals this game opponent tried 1.
Opponent tried stealing third on 0-1 pitch, runner out (Strike 1) next shown pitch 0-2, good.
I tried stealing second 2-2 pitch, runner safe (Ball 1) next pitch 3-2, good.
I tried stealing second 1-2 pitch, runner out (Strike 1) next pitch 1-2 again, no good.
I tried stealing second 2-0 pitch, runner safe (Ball 1) next pitch 2-0 again, no good.
I tried stealing second 2-2 pitch, runner out (Strike 1) next pitch 0-2, no good.

RE: Counts on Steals

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:39 am
by jono
Tried 4 steals this game opponent tried 1.
I tried stealing second 1-1 pitch, runner safe (Strike 1) next pitch 0-2 No good
Opponent tried stealing second 0-1 pitch, runner safe (Strike 1) next pitch 1-2 Good
I tried stealing second 2-0 pitch, runner out (Ball 1) next pitch 2-2 No good
I tried stealing second No pitch count shown, runner safe No ball or strike shown next pitch 0-2
I tried stealing second 1-0 pitch, runner safe (Ball 1) next pitch 3-0 Good

RE: Counts on Steals

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:28 am
by jono
My opponent tried 2 steals this game.
Runner tried stealing third, 2-0 pitch runner safe (Ball 1) next pitch 2-1 No good
Runner tried stealing second, 0-2 pitch runner safe (Strike 1) next pitch 1-2 No good