Page 1 of 1

Game won't start

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:39 pm
by leftydad
I bought the game yesterday, digital download. So it has all the patches. I can get to the opening screen, which says REACH FOR THE STARS. The loading yellow band along the bottom fills and the music plays...but nothing more happens. My computer just locks up there at the opening screen, with the music playing and the yellow loading band filled.

Then I have to reboot my computer.

Anybody know why the game won't even start for me? All the other Matrix games work fine.

Jim Larson

RE: Game won't start

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:58 pm
by Hrothgar
I've had the CTD also, though usually during the first turn. What I've had to do is:

run msconfig
choose "Selective Startup" and uncheck the boxes for "Load System Services" and Load Startup Items"
reboot

This allows me to run the game with no crashes--also, however, with no sound.

When I'm finished playing, I run msconfig again, choose "Normal Startup," and reboot.

Because of the necessity of doing this, I play RFTS less than I would otherwise, but I think it's a good game, and I do still play it. I hope SSG is looking at the problem--I've posted about this on their forum also--and gets it fixed.