Page 1 of 1

Patch not downloadable?

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:01 pm
by sven6345789
tried to download patch 1.7b. doesn't seem to work right now

RE: Patch not downloadable?

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:39 pm
by Dereck
ORIGINAL: sven6345789

tried to download patch 1.7b. doesn't seem to work right now

They found a bug with it last night/this morning so I'm wondering if they took it off. Mike Wood was aware of the bug and working on yet another patch so that could be why.

RE: Patch not downloadable?

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:47 pm
by denisonh
I think that there are some server issues

RE: Patch not downloadable?

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:51 pm
by ckk
What ever don't download it until Mike says it's good. Just went through I a total reload to get rid of it.[:@]

RE: Patch not downloadable?

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:30 pm
by GoofTrooper
I think it's a server issue. I can't download anything from Matrix. I am getting a message that the server refused connection (firefox).

RE: Patch not downloadable?

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:47 pm
by rogueusmc
Same in IE

RE: Patch not downloadable?

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:00 am
by GoofTrooper
Any word from mods yet about the server?

RE: Patch not downloadable?

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:40 am
by madmickey
Beta testing for 3 months and it takes 4 hours for players to find bugs what a surprise. Ron, Tristan and Pasternaski are saying I told you so.

RE: Patch not downloadable?

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:15 am
by pompack
ORIGINAL: madmickey

Beta testing for 3 months and it takes 4 hours for players to find bugs what a surprise. Ron, Tristan and Pasternaski are saying I told you so.

Just curious: how did you find out how long they have been testing it?

RE: Patch not downloadable?

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:25 am
by Sarge
Either way I am not all that happy I had to do a re-install to get rid of the patch.

Guess we all can agree NOT LONG ENOUGH

RE: Patch not downloadable?

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:07 am
by madmickey
ORIGINAL: pompack

ORIGINAL: madmickey

Beta testing for 3 months and it takes 4 hours for players to find bugs what a surprise. Ron, Tristan and Pasternaski are saying I told you so.

Just curious: how did you find out how long they have been testing it?
No idea, my 3 months comment can be hyperbole or sarcasm. I just took the time since last official release June (4 months) . As soon as they release one patch they work on the next. The point is whatever the time they tested it failed rightaway it was supposed to have been released as a non-beta version by this time. It seems that the WITP players are the beta testers now.

RE: Patch not downloadable?

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:25 am
by Charles2222
ORIGINAL: madmickey
ORIGINAL: pompack

ORIGINAL: madmickey

Beta testing for 3 months and it takes 4 hours for players to find bugs what a surprise. Ron, Tristan and Pasternaski are saying I told you so.

Just curious: how did you find out how long they have been testing it?
No idea, my 3 months comment can be hyperbole or sarcasm. I just took the time since last official release June (4 months) . As soon as they release one patch they work on the next. The point is whatever the time they tested it failed rightaway it was supposed to have been released as a non-beta version by this time. It seems that the WITP players are the beta testers now.

Oh come on madmickey. How many companies allow you to get a BETA patch? Who's fault is it when the patch is called a beta that you end up being a testor? I didn't download it for that reason. I was probably going to download it within a day or two, but that was such that I could allow the gerbils [:)] to do what they do. You bite on a beta and you're liable to get burned.

Image

RE: Patch not downloadable?

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:30 am
by Erik Rutins
ORIGINAL: madmickey
Beta testing for 3 months and it takes 4 hours for players to find bugs what a surprise. Ron, Tristan and Pasternaski are saying I told you so.

Just so we're clear, you believe the current code was completed a day after the last patch was released. We tested it without any further changes, then released it after three months of testing to beta? Nope. Changes have been ongoing and all it takes is a simple typo in the latest build before it's posted to the forum to create a game-breaker. With a game this complex, it's remarkably easy to break.

I have another update from Mike to post tomorrow.

Regards,

- Erik

RE: Patch not downloadable?

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:45 am
by madmickey
Who is doing the beta testing now?

Also the problem with ASW has been discussed since uncommon valor. Now you have a partial fix except the aircraft spotting by planes is too easy.

RE: Patch not downloadable?

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:24 am
by riflebrigade
As I have loaded the 1.7b patch will it be possible to load the next patch directly over the 1.7b patch or will a complete reload of the game be required?

Can I copy the saved games which were saved with an earlier patch and recopy them into the SAVE folder after completing a new reload of the program to patch 1.604b?

Thanks for any advice.






RE: Patch not downloadable?

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:37 am
by doktorblood
ORIGINAL: madmickey

Who is doing the beta testing now?

Also the problem with ASW has been discussed since uncommon valor. Now you have a partial fix except the aircraft spotting by planes is too easy.

Whoever downloads the patch is testing it. That's why it called Beta. Is this really such a difficult concept to grasp?

RE: Patch not downloadable?

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:02 pm
by madmickey
I agree we are the beta tester, but problem we have with land combat, surface naval combat, supplies, massive air attack on 2 ship AK task force, naval bombardment, etc etc are ignored. By the way we were told that 1.7 was supposed to be released last week not 1.7 beta. Please note that previous beta release were 1.61, 1.62 (patch number may not be exact) not rounded to 1 number after decimal point.

RE: Patch not downloadable?

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:16 pm
by Tankerace
Madmickey since you seem to know so much of beta testing and programming (as can be inferred in your posts, since clearly you know more about doing it better than Matrix) I will assume you work in the IT industry. As such, I assume then you also know that deadlines and release dates are rarely concrete.

RE: Patch not downloadable?

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:12 pm
by pompack
EDITED to promote Forum Tranquility. MY bad.[:-]

RE: Patch not downloadable?

Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:01 am
by Tankerace
Since when has this forum been tranquil? [:D]