Page 1 of 1
What's up with toggle switches?
Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:26 pm
by doktor1957
I'm baffled by the toggle switches (ok, maybe I'm easily baffled). For instance, the 'accept replacements' switch on airgroups. When I click it, it changes to 'do not accept replacements'. What setting have I selected? Am I now accepting replacements? The switch says I am not, yet I clicked on the 'accept replacement' setting. Please help, Timor hangs in the balance.
RE: What's up with toggle switches?
Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:28 pm
by DuckofTindalos
If you want to accept replacements, then the setting has to say "Accept Replacements". If it does, then don't touch it.
RE: What's up with toggle switches?
Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:43 pm
by doktor1957
simple enough, thanks[:)]
RE: What's up with toggle switches?
Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:06 pm
by rtrapasso
ORIGINAL: doktor1957
simple enough, thanks[:)]
Yes, the user interface. Half the toggle switches you click when you want to keep the setting (click "dock" if you want to dock;) the other half you click when you want to change it (click "accept replacements" if you DON'T want replacements.) Simple - once you know what's happening... [:'(]
RE: What's up with toggle switches?
Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:07 pm
by aletoledo
simple enough, thanks
I'm glad you understand it, now explain it to me!!
the one I don't understand is the TO&E button, it seems the opposite of the 'accept replacement' examples.
I guess I've gotten used to it by now.
RE: What's up with toggle switches?
Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:33 pm
by DuckofTindalos
The "TO&E" toggle changes the display between a given unit's current composition and the composition it needs to have to follow its Table of Organisation & Equipment.
If Accept Replacements is On, and the necessary equipment is present in the pool, and supply is present at the unit's location, the program will fill out the unit to it's TO&E specs.
RE: What's up with toggle switches?
Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:02 pm
by Oldsweat
While we're on this topic, how about a brief on reading the to&e/unit status window. For example, if it says something like (0) 25 pack mules or things along these lines, what does it mean. If you are short of something, how do you fix it? I'm fumbling along with 1.5.
RE: What's up with toggle switches?
Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:04 pm
by rtrapasso
ORIGINAL: Oldsweat
While we're on this topic, how about a brief on reading the to&e/unit status window. For example, if it says something like (0) 25 pack mules or things along these lines, what does it mean. If you are short of something, how do you fix it? I'm fumbling along with 1.5.
Rest (esp in a non-malarial area), and lots of supplies. A leader with a good ADMIN rating helps, as do HQs.
RE: What's up with toggle switches?
Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:15 am
by michaelm75au
The number (0) is the number of disabled "pack mules" and other number 25 is the number of active "pack mules".
The maximum number of "pack mules" in the unit is found by going to TOE and reading the number there (say (0) x 30 Pack mules).
The unit will take replacements to reach the TOE value of the item. Replacements come from the equipment pool depending on the level of supply of the unit. {see manual section 15.3}
To get items from disabled to active, do as rtrapasso suggested.
Michael
ORIGINAL: Oldsweat
While we're on this topic, how about a brief on reading the to&e/unit status window. For example, if it says something like (0) 25 pack mules or things along these lines, what does it mean. If you are short of something, how do you fix it? I'm fumbling along with 1.5.