Page 1 of 2
I'm so disappointed!!!
Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:07 am
by shall59
I put in ten months of play as allies with single day turns; I got 3 to 1 victory points in '44 and all I got was a simple window telling me I won a decisive victory! I wanted video of the surrender ceremony on Big Mo! I wanted video of the Times Square celebration! I wanted fireworks! I wanted something dramatic! It was sooooo anti-climatic!
RE: I'm so disappointed!!!
Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:08 am
by tsimmonds
Take yourself out to dinner.[;)]
RE: I'm so disappointed!!!
Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:13 am
by Feinder
Kinda reminds how disppointed I was in the ending of
Bards Tale
Ultima 3, 4, 5
Pool of Radiance (SSI)
Dragonlance series (SSI)
Baldur's Gate 1, 2, 3
Neverwinter Nights 1, 2, 3...
Come to think of it. The endings were all disappointing. Basically just, "Congratuations! You won!".
Silly wabbit.
It's the journey, not the destination that counts (at least in video games). You should know that by now.
[;)]
-F-
RE: I'm so disappointed!!!
Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:14 am
by Big B
Hmmm, uhh...yah...that sounds a little weak for an ending.
I second what irrelevant said - take yourself out to dinner, and snub the computer...that'll show him who one![:)]
B
RE: I'm so disappointed!!!
Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:38 am
by bradfordkay
If you still have a significant other, you might want to take her out to dinner... [;)]
RE: I'm so disappointed!!!
Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:50 am
by shall59
ORIGINAL: bradfordkay
If you still have a significant other, you might want to take her out to dinner... [;)]
Significant other? Would that be that woman in my house that keeps yelling at me to get off the comuter? I wondered who she was!
Actually we are going out to dinner tomorrow night, but for a totally different reason.
RE: I'm so disappointed!!!
Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:10 am
by patrickl
Hi,
You are lucky, I have been playing WITP for over a year and yet to see the victory screen.[:@] Blame it on the patches.[:D] I tell you, I will get that screen one day (pss..against the AI..shh)![:D][;)]
RE: I'm so disappointed!!!
Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:56 am
by Crimguy
The ending of Metal Gear Solid rocked. So did Marathon on the Mac. That's about it for me (the Half Life 2 ending was aweful. About the only games I've ever finished

RE: I'm so disappointed!!!
Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:50 pm
by MadmanRick
Significant other? Would that be that woman in my house that keeps yelling at me to get off the comuter? I wondered who she was!
Wait...if you are getting off the "comuter", assuming it's a she...can I have her? [:D]
Rick
RE: I'm so disappointed!!!
Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:35 pm
by Oleg Mastruko
Best ending, bar none, for me was in Shogun: Total War.
Game had lots of cut scenes, very well done. Ninjas, geishas, assassinations, opponents committing sepukku after defeat on the battlefield, swordsmen training etc.
When you finally conquered the last province of medieval Japan, and became Shogun, movie started. It was way different than other movies in game: neon lights, modern techno music, cars, whattt???? Is this some bug? Movie from some other game on my disk?
No. As the camera zooms out you realise it's the scene from modern late 20th century Tokyo, and big sculpture of yourself stands on some big square - many centuries later you're being celebrated as hero of medieval Japan!!!
Magnificent ending to a great game.
O.
RE: I'm so disappointed!!!
Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:47 pm
by kaleun
Yes, I lked that one too
RE: I'm so disappointed!!!
Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:03 pm
by DuckofTindalos
Oh yeah, the Shogun ending was really excellent. Especially the bit where the narrator speaks about the elimination of the foreign element from Japan, while we see a whole bunch of crucified Jesuits...[:D]
RE: I'm so disappointed!!!
Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:06 pm
by DuckofTindalos
ORIGINAL: MadmanRick
Wait...if you are getting off the "comuter", assuming it's a she...can I have her? [:D]
Rick
Shame on you! [:D]
RE: I'm so disappointed!!!
Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:10 pm
by AlexCobra
Hi!
"Deus Ex" ending was really good too. There in a final mission you could select from 3 variants of plot ending depending on your actions. I saw two of them, both was superb: X-files-paranoic style movie, leaving the player with many questions and delivering a lot of satisfaction... the truth is out there, man... it always will be. Btw, sequel to the game was awful imho probably because it was very hard to catch the plot after such ending... and they lose the style... me think so[:)].
Alex.
RE: I'm so disappointed!!!
Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:09 pm
by patrickl
Hi All,
Maybe someone can make one mod to simulate the abovementioned fantantic ending that we can patch it to the game?[:(] Thankx
RE: I'm so disappointed!!!
Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:50 am
by marky
Halo had a cool ending
so did ST Elite Force[:D]
i AHVE seen the victory screen tho[:D]
RE: I'm so disappointed!!!
Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:02 pm
by MemoryLeak
This is a little vague but some of you may remember it. Back around 1980 I bought an Intellivsion game console. Very expensive for it's time, almost $300. One of the games was Sea Hunt or Sea Battles, something like that. It has an ending that I still remember, which is more that I can say for any of the other games I've played, which number in the hundreds.
RE: I'm so disappointed!!!
Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:09 pm
by Bradley7735
ORIGINAL: shall59
I put in ten months of play as allies with single day turns; I got 3 to 1 victory points in '44 and all I got was a simple window telling me I won a decisive victory! I wanted video of the surrender ceremony on Big Mo! I wanted video of the Times Square celebration! I wanted fireworks! I wanted something dramatic! It was sooooo anti-climatic!
Great!! Thanks for ruining the ending. Now I have nothing to look forward to.
[;)]
RE: I'm so disappointed!!!
Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:09 pm
by Mike Solli
Ah, yes, Intellivision. I remember those days. You're dating yourself, you know.
RE: I'm so disappointed!!!
Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:23 pm
by MemoryLeak
Yes I am. I was a poor rookie in the job I still have and fortunately single at the time, so I could blow money on stuff like that. Atari game consoles were only about $30. so you can see how much more Intellivison was. But it had really good games. B-17 was fun.
I still have my Intellivision and I picked up a few more at the Salvation Army store for $5.00 each. Did you ever play Burger Time? I beat that thing after a few hundred restarts. The controller was a bit unresponsive and could cause you to pull your hairout when it failled to move the character in the appropriate direction.