Page 1 of 1

Rally function in ver. 7.0

Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2001 8:00 am
by JYGamer
I am playing the scenario "Water to Blood." The rally function is performing differently than in the past versions of SPW@W. When I hit the "R" key the unit attempts to rally until the icon on the right turns dark. Once it turns dark hitting the "R" key does nothing as in the past. However, when I left click the dark icon, the unit attempts to rally. Sometimes it does reduce suppression, sometimes it does not. It seems that the second leader to attempt the rally is always the successful one at reducing suppression if the rally is successful. As I remember in the past once the rally icon turned dark, the unit would not attempt to rally even if the icon was left clicked. Is this a new feature or change?

Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2001 9:17 am
by tracer
That's one place where the keyboard shortcut works differently than the icon: if the unit fails its rally, but the next leader reduces supression, the icon goes (and stays dark). Clicking the darkened icon will further attemp to rally thru the second leader, but the 'R' key will not work. Right clicking the rally icon causes the unit to rally until it fails...I've seen this happen with the 'R' key on occasion, I *think* it happens if you hold it down too long.

Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2001 10:48 am
by JYGamer
Thank you for your answer. I never knew about this particular feature. I like it.