Page 1 of 1
Tokyo Rose is creeping me out!
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:41 am
by doktor1957
Has anyone else noticed Tokyo Rose's broadcasts on the first of the month? I hope I'm not the only one hearing this...
RE: Tokyo Rose is creeping me out!
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:43 am
by denisonh
Sure.
Nice touch.
ORIGINAL: doktor1957
Has anyone else noticed Tokyo Rose's broadcasts on the first of the month? I hope I'm not the only one hearing this...
RE: Tokyo Rose is creeping me out!
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:32 am
by rogueusmc
I didn't know it was a schedule though...I just thought it was random.
I usually run with sounds off anyway.
RE: Tokyo Rose is creeping me out!
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:59 am
by GaryChildress
ORIGINAL: doktor1957
Has anyone else noticed Tokyo Rose's broadcasts on the first of the month? I hope I'm not the only one hearing this...
You might want to consult a counselor. Tokyo Rose is featured in the ambient sounds of the game but if it is really having a pronounced negative effect upon you then you may be bordering somewhere near what is called "paranoid schizophrenia" in modern psychological parlance. It would probably be a good idea to get it checked just to be on the safe side.
Gary
RE: Tokyo Rose is creeping me out!
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:33 am
by m10bob
Yeah..............I'm with Gary on this too..........I admit I also hear "voices", but they tell me to kill the neighbors dog, generally.[;)]
RE: Tokyo Rose is creeping me out!
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:43 am
by Big B
What the @#$%!!!!![X(]
Tokyo Rose broadcasts!!??? In WitP???!!![X(]
How come I have never heard one???!!![:@]
I feel totally rejected!![:(]
B
RE: Tokyo Rose is creeping me out!
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 7:47 am
by m10bob
Yeah....There are maybe 3 of them that are played randomly and very rarely in the game..
Search for them in this forum and you will see at least 2 prior threads about their inclusion..I believe they arrived with the first "upgrade"....
They...are....awesome...........
RE: Tokyo Rose is creeping me out!
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:36 am
by Yamato hugger
Go to the "sound" directory. Play files 1725, 1726, 1727, and 1728.sfx with media player.
RE: Tokyo Rose is creeping me out!
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:56 am
by Cmdrcain
ORIGINAL: doktor1957
Has anyone else noticed Tokyo Rose's broadcasts on the first of the month? I hope I'm not the only one hearing this...
Gee... No Closed captions?
[:-][:-][:-]
RE: Tokyo Rose is creeping me out!
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:48 am
by DuckofTindalos
God, those are hysterical!!![:D][:D][:D]
RE: Tokyo Rose is creeping me out!
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:53 pm
by Zakhal
Pacific general has lots of similar radio broadcasts as its music. Japanese radio, british radio and US radio. I even converted its music to mp3 to listen it in UV.
RE: Tokyo Rose is creeping me out!
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:12 pm
by Feinder
the 1500 and 1600s are all from Uncommon Valor...
Flashback!
-F-
RE: Tokyo Rose is creeping me out!
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:18 pm
by Feinder
What is the song for file 1034 from? Anybody ever heard it in-game?
-F-
RE: Tokyo Rose is creeping me out!
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:03 pm
by MkXIV
ORIGINAL: Feinder
What is the song for file 1034 from? Anybody ever heard it in-game?
-F-
Maybe it is played on the Vicotry screen? If so I hope I get to hear it someday [:D]
It is a very beautiful piece thought.
RE: Tokyo Rose is creeping me out!
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:11 pm
by DuckofTindalos
ORIGINAL: Feinder
What is the song for file 1034 from? Anybody ever heard it in-game?
-F-
Not in WitP, no...
RE: Tokyo Rose is creeping me out!
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:20 pm
by rtrapasso
ORIGINAL: doktor1957
Has anyone else noticed Tokyo Rose's broadcasts on the first of the month? I hope I'm not the only one hearing this...
What part of the turn do they show up in? Background music? Combat Resolution/AAR?
RE: Tokyo Rose is creeping me out!
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:56 pm
by Ron Saueracker
TankerAce set me up with the Victory at Sea soundtrack. Now....thats the stuff.
RE: Tokyo Rose is creeping me out!
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:04 pm
by Gen.Hoepner
ORIGINAL: rtrapasso
ORIGINAL: doktor1957
Has anyone else noticed Tokyo Rose's broadcasts on the first of the month? I hope I'm not the only one hearing this...
What part of the turn do they show up in? Background music? Combat Resolution/AAR?
Usually during the airphase
RE: Tokyo Rose is creeping me out!
Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:15 pm
by m10bob
ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker
TankerAce set me up with the Victory at Sea soundtrack. Now....thats the stuff.
The ONLY way to fly !!!!!!!!(VAS)