Page 1 of 1
Go to the Formation HQ Unit
Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2001 6:38 am
by John Galt
This message appears at the very bottom of the unit information bar on occasion. Anyone know what this means? Not every unit says this and I am playing with C&C off....thanks...john galt
Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2001 2:02 pm
by RichardTheFirst
There was a thread about this some time ago. I think that message means the unit is out of contact. Not sure.
Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2001 2:40 pm
by John Galt
If playing with C&C off, does being out of contact have any real meaning?
Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2001 3:43 pm
by RichardTheFirst
A lot of implications with C&C ON: a unit out of contact gets less orders when the turn begins, if it gets orders at all.
With C&C OFF I'm not sure of all the implications. I know it is more difficult to rally...
[ December 25, 2001: Message edited by: RichardTheFirst ]</p>
Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2001 5:37 pm
by BjörnR
This has been discussed recently without any good explanation.
It has to do with indirect fire (z key or B key). If you order that to a unit the message appears and it disappears if you move that unit.
It might remind you that you have ordered a mortar to fire so that you don’t move it.
Otherwise it's difficult to see the meaning of it.
Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2001 1:40 am
by John Galt
Now that you mention it, the last time I saw this it was a self propelled mortar. Hmmmmmmmmm...
Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2001 2:37 am
by troopie
If unit is 'out of contact' and you are playing with C&C 'off', you can't call in indirect fire, and it will be harder to rally.
troopie