Battle Generator questions
Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2001 2:55 am
I'm trying to use the battle generator, and am having some odd, apparently random, problems. What I want to do is use a map I made in a 1939 September battle between myself (Poles) and the AI (Germany). I want the computer to select both sides' forces, but I want to select the weather, visibility, and time of day myself.
Often when I try this the computer does not use all of the Polish points; even in a meeting engagement of 2100 points I will get only 3 squads or guns. And if I get a full complement of troops and start playing, I find that the weather and time of day (which I entered on the battle generator and on the editor when I made the map) I wanted have been ignored by the computer, and I am now fighting in a thunderstorm at night when I wanted a clear day at dawn.
Any ideas why this is happening, or, more importantly, how I can fight battles according to my specifications?
Often when I try this the computer does not use all of the Polish points; even in a meeting engagement of 2100 points I will get only 3 squads or guns. And if I get a full complement of troops and start playing, I find that the weather and time of day (which I entered on the battle generator and on the editor when I made the map) I wanted have been ignored by the computer, and I am now fighting in a thunderstorm at night when I wanted a clear day at dawn.
Any ideas why this is happening, or, more importantly, how I can fight battles according to my specifications?