Page 1 of 1

64 bit saves won't run on 32 bit machines?

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:33 pm
by doktor1957
I've had this problem since I built my new computer (AMD-64). My saved games will no longer run on my laptop. they fail to load. I never had this problem with my old 32-bit machine. The saves are not hidden or archived. I'm running ver. 1.21.

RE: 64 bit saves won't run on 32 bit machines?

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:26 am
by Gem35
You are confused. Your AMD64 based computer , unless it is running windows XP Professional-64 bit edition, and you laptop run,process and SAVE files exactly the same.

RE: 64 bit saves won't run on 32 bit machines?

Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:57 am
by doktor1957
I'm running Win XP Pro. I must be missing something. The saved game always fails to load.

RE: 64 bit saves won't run on 32 bit machines?

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:28 pm
by Belphegor
I'm running ver. 1.21.

same version running on both machines?

RE: 64 bit saves won't run on 32 bit machines?

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:52 pm
by doktor1957
yes, ver. 1.21

RE: 64 bit saves won't run on 32 bit machines?

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:14 pm
by Arkady
1.21 for why ?

RE: 64 bit saves won't run on 32 bit machines?

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:17 pm
by Arkady
btw try clean install on your laptop (remove WITP, defrag disk and install WITP again)

RE: 64 bit saves won't run on 32 bit machines?

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:57 pm
by doktor1957
1.21 for why ?

I've been playing the same game for 1.5 years, I want to finish it[:)]

RE: 64 bit saves won't run on 32 bit machines?

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:16 am
by Admiral DadMan
Right click on the file and check the save game file properties. Make sure the file is not tagged as "Read Only"

RE: 64 bit saves won't run on 32 bit machines?

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:35 am
by doktor1957
tried that, didn't work.

RE: 64 bit saves won't run on 32 bit machines?

Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:21 pm
by Arkady
ORIGINAL: doktor1957
1.21 for why ?

I've been playing the same game for 1.5 years, I want to finish it[:)]
you can upgrade and continue with this game anyway ...One of my PBEM games was started in 1.3, now we have 1.793 Patch and still playing...


what's type of file system do you have on both system ? try check file permisions...

or send me this save game to arkady@arkady.cz and I'll try load it

RE: 64 bit saves won't run on 32 bit machines?

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:59 pm
by Cmdrcain
If you start a game under an admin acct and
save the game under It, I have seen that when I use my User acct to play, the saves load but cannot be overwritten nor the report files.

So it might be some file permission thing... one other thought, how are you passing the files between the computers?

Maybe theres something in the process use to move files between the PC's that are causing a problem..


RE: 64 bit saves won't run on 32 bit machines?

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:11 pm
by Admiral DadMan
Did you look in this thread?

Windows 2000/XP Users ONLY