Page 1 of 1
How many man is in MG crew?
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2001 5:44 am
by Jiri
When I'm firing at enemy MG it happends quite often that I have to make 4 or 5 casualties to end his days. How is it possible when there should be a crew with 3 people? Is it some bug or something I don't know?
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2001 6:16 am
by jonypure
I know German crews usually or always number 4, other countries such as U.S. also has 4 and in some cases such as the armoured MG squad there is 9, but they also carry a bigger assortment of weapons such as grenades. Best thing to do is go through the encyclopedia and see what different countries have for MG crews.
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2001 2:02 pm
by Alexandra
Also, if the MG team is in the same hex as another infantry type unit, you may not be hitting the MG team even if it's the target of your fire.
Alex
Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2001 4:43 am
by Capt. Pixel
If it's a Canadian 50 cal - they have six crew.
Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2001 5:06 am
by Jiri
Thanks, but I meant something else. In some cases when the MG should have 3 man in squad, is alone on the hex and when I'm shooting on it, the game writes for example 1 casualty, then another 1, and finally 2 casualties plus survivors disperse. So it seems very strange to me when the MG with 3 men have so many casulaties and there was still somebody left to disperse. Does anyone have the same experiences or is more probably that there is some unit that is invisible to me and is taking casualties?
It wasn't a single case of that.
Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2001 6:49 am
by panda124c
Originally posted by George H.:
Thanks, but I meant something else. In some cases when the MG should have 3 man in squad, is alone on the hex and when I'm shooting on it, the game writes for example 1 casualty, then another 1, and finally 2 casualties plus survivors disperse. So it seems very strange to me when the MG with 3 men have so many casulaties and there was still somebody left to disperse. Does anyone have the same experiences or is more probably that there is some unit that is invisible to me and is taking casualties?
It wasn't a single case of that.
Oh it's very simple the report lies, it does not tell you the exact number of casualties you caused. It is usually accrate so can be trusted most of the time. I have kill 12 men in a 6 man squad (British HQ). Watch out for those 13.7mm Italian HMGs they have 10 men.