Page 1 of 1

SHP files

Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 9:00 am
by Del
Looking through all the files in the game I can't find anything telling me what shp file contains what icons. Anyone know where this information is located?

The game still runs way too fast. Got scrolling and messages to slow down but everything else needs to be slowed down also. Any ideas?

Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 7:38 pm
by Warhorse
There's a txt file called "Icon Data List[Date].txt in the main directory, this lists all the icons. A little tricky to read, since the locations are in the code for the game. In this example; {24,27}, // 5. Landsverk 182, the Finn armored car is icon #5, it's located in the icon0000.shp, the 24 and 27 image (26, 29 in shpedit). Hope this helps...

Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 7:52 pm
by Warrior
Originally posted by Del:
The game still runs way too fast. Got scrolling and messages to slow down but everything else needs to be slowed down also. Any ideas?
Try adjusting the Movement Delay.

Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 8:19 pm
by Del
To be more specific, where do I find the graphics for the hex grid? I'd like to lighten it up a bit. Solid black is a bit much, especially at the higher zooms.

Forgot to ask, are the terrain icons listed anyplace?

Got movement slowed, now if I could get the oppositions firing units slowed down.

[ January 13, 2002: Message edited by: Del ]</p>

Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 3:06 pm
by RockinHarry
Originally posted by Del:
To be more specific, where do I find the graphics for the hex grid? I'd like to lighten it up a bit. Solid black is a bit much, especially at the higher zooms.

Forgot to ask, are the terrain icons listed anyplace?

Got movement slowed, now if I could get the oppositions firing units slowed down.

[ January 13, 2002: Message edited by: Del ]

I noted the hex grid in my text file somewhere. I´ll post it tomorrow...
What I´m doing usually, is to browse the shape files with fred chlandas Shape Editor..especially the "show collage" button comes handy. Then note all the things...

_________
Harry

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 8:55 pm
by RockinHarry
just checked my documents and found that icon0035/icon0038 shape files have some hexside graphics included. To be honest, I don´t know if these are the ones used by the game!

hope that helps somehow...

________
Harry