Page 1 of 2

It's That Time Again.....What.....

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:54 pm
by ravinhood
Game are you most looking forward to in 2006???

Galactic Civ II is at the top of my list. Can't wait to design my own ships. Always liked putting big guns of fast little ships and zip around and torpedo the big ships.

RE: It's That Time Again.....What.....

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:57 pm
by ASHBERY76
Surely you can't touch a game that has Paradox influence? http://www.paradoxplaza.com/news.asp?Ar ... &Page=News

RE: It's That Time Again.....What.....

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:00 pm
by Hertston
CotA, and Armed Assault.

RE: It's That Time Again.....What.....

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:09 pm
by Hanal
Strategic Command 2, Guns of August, Empire in Arms, and Birth of America....

RE: It's That Time Again.....What.....

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:21 pm
by Sarge
Game are you most looking forward to in 2006???

1) Les Grognards

2) CMBB Campaigns

3) Take command

4) CoTA

Hard to narrow it down to just one title, but if I had to it would have to be Les Grognards.

RE: It's That Time Again.....What.....

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:34 pm
by ravinhood
ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

Surely you can't touch a game that has Paradox influence? http://www.paradoxplaza.com/news.asp?Ar ... &Page=News

Paradox is doing the Euro release only. Galactic Civ is being published by here in the states for us Americans. ;) But, you can believe, if I see a Paradox word on the box, then nope, I'll wait for bargain bin price on it. ;) If I thought Paradox was getting a nickel out of it I wouldn't give them a dime. ;)

Oh and you misinterpret what I mean when I say I "won't support Paradox". I'll still get the games, but, they will be used from ebay, which means Paradox doesn't get a nickel, dime, penny from me. I just get the game knowing I gave them no support. ;)

RE: It's That Time Again.....What.....

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:38 pm
by AlvinS
For me I am most looking forward to:

1. COTA
2. Strategic Command 2
3. TOAW Matrix upgrade


RE: It's That Time Again.....What.....

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:42 pm
by bostonrpgmania


1. CM campaign (battle front)
2. Space empire V
3. Elders scroll oblivion
4. Heroes of might and magic 5
5. Starwars RTS (forgot the name)
6. new version of total annihilation (forgot the name)

RE: It's That Time Again.....What.....

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:43 pm
by ravinhood
Hey Boston what' happened to 4 and 5?

RE: It's That Time Again.....What.....

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:48 pm
by bostonrpgmania
Argghhh simple typo
I will edit numbers
Hang over maybe[:D]

RE: It's That Time Again.....What.....

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:35 pm
by bostonrpgmania
If you are mentioning Heroes of might and magic V, it is being developed by nival (Silent storm and etherlord + eveil island)
Given silent storm and etherlord fame, V should be better than IV I hope

RE: It's That Time Again.....What.....

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:02 pm
by Veldor
Dungeons & Dragons Online (Finally a re-definition of what a fantasy MMPORG even is)
Star Wars Empire at War (Re-defining RTS pieces of crap to Not quite such crap)
Squad Leader (Re-defining Paradox haters into Paradox lovers)
Empire in Arms, GOA, and all the rest (Re-defining me into a once again multi-title per year purchaser from Matrix)
Civilization 5 (Just when you didn't think it could get any better they've now added grunting avatars)

RE: It's That Time Again.....What.....

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:04 pm
by jvgfanatic
ORIGINAL: ravinhood
ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

Surely you can't touch a game that has Paradox influence? http://www.paradoxplaza.com/news.asp?Ar ... &Page=News

Paradox is doing the Euro release only. Galactic Civ is being published by here in the states for us Americans. ;) But, you can believe, if I see a Paradox word on the box, then nope, I'll wait for bargain bin price on it. ;) If I thought Paradox was getting a nickel out of it I wouldn't give them a dime. ;)

Oh and you misinterpret what I mean when I say I "won't support Paradox". I'll still get the games, but, they will be used from ebay, which means Paradox doesn't get a nickel, dime, penny from me. I just get the game knowing I gave them no support. ;)

And what this genre or genre collection surely needs is LESS support from its gamers.

I also buy Paradox games used or bargain bin but it's because of a very specific and singular policy of theirs.

RE: It's That Time Again.....What.....

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:29 pm
by wodin
I have the beta of Gal Civ 2. As I preordered. To be honest the beta says to me I was hasty.

RE: It's That Time Again.....What.....

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:34 pm
by ASHBERY76
ORIGINAL: wodin

I have the beta of Gal Civ 2. As I preordered. To be honest the beta says to me I was hasty.

Why,what did you expect.I think this game is going to be the turn based hit of 2006, with my experience of the beta.

RE: It's That Time Again.....What.....

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:35 pm
by ravinhood
I wanna read Eriks and Keiths and Marc's looking forwards too, maybe they'll give us some hints and clue's about this years releases!! ;)

RE: It's That Time Again.....What.....

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:46 pm
by Veldor
ORIGINAL: ravinhood

I wanna read Eriks and Keiths and Marc's looking forwards too, maybe they'll give us some hints and clue's about this years releases!! ;)

My prediction is that its going to be a very slow first two quarters for wargaming, just not much on the immediate horizon.

I do hope to be proven wrong though...

RE: It's That Time Again.....What.....

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:51 pm
by Hanal
I would like to add Sniper Ambush to my list but not certain if it will be available in '06 or at all for that matter........

RE: It's That Time Again.....What.....

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:53 pm
by ravinhood
Well everything does seem to come in cycles of two's. Last years lineup of games was pretty dismal and I'm talking about mainstream titles. But, there were a lot of wargames actually that were released. So, this is probably the down year for wargames as mainstream hopefully picks up with better stuff than last year. Could be a "bargain bin year"! hehe

RE: It's That Time Again.....What.....

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:27 pm
by Sarge
ORIGINAL: J P Falcon

I would like to add Sniper Ambush to my list but not certain if it will be available in '06 or at all for that matter........

LOL [:D]

One could add 82nd Airborne and Combat Leader also to that list