Page 1 of 1
What's the next SPWAW Campaign Disk?
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 12:48 am
by rwenstrup
Has anyone heard of any plans for the next SPWAW Campaign Disk? I have all three of the current ones out and love 'em!
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 6:38 pm
by Warrior
There are discussions ongoing in various quarters, including this Forum, concerning whether another Mega Campaign should be made, and if so, what it would be. As of right now, it's still undecided on both points.
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 9:29 pm
by richmonder
Yes, there seems to be a movement underfoot to make the next MC based on the German campaign for Denmark...
And I think I'll make this one up for the community. Essentially you choose your core force, hit 'Start', and then are immediately taken to the victory screen!
hehehe - oh, it's a gooood morning here, SPWAW-ville!
[ February 02, 2002: Message edited by: richmonder ]</p>
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 9:40 pm
by rwenstrup
The Battle of the Bulge is always popular...Peiper's run down the Ambleve River valley and/or the defense of Bastogne...
How about Manstein's "Fire Brigade" defense of the Dnepr line?
Anyway, I hope the decision is made to make another campaign disk. These show the full potential of the Steel Panthers game. It really is an excellent concept, and I hope it continues to be successful.
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 2:52 am
by kkb66
The German Invasion of Norway or Yugoslavia/Greece would be good topics that haven't been covered enough.
A good non-German campaign would be the War Winter of 1939-40 between Russia and Finland.