Page 1 of 1
Let's name the SPWaW community
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 9:33 pm
by richmonder
We need an affectionate name for our community. You know, like 'Big Apple' and that stuff. Sure, it's Matrix' SPWaW Forum, but that's official.
Any ideas?
First one: SPWaW-ville -or- SPWaWville
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 9:47 pm
by KG Erwin
Some time ago, I suggested coming up with a nickname for the frequenters of the forum. I think we settled on "Spawns". Going with that, the community itself would be "Spawnville". How's that sound?
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 8:22 am
by AbsntMndedProf
Since we're Steel Panther players, how about the Steel Brigade?
Eric Maietta
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 9:23 am
by mao
"Bob"
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 10:28 pm
by RichardTheFirst
Pantherville
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 4:35 am
by M4Jess
"das-SHOOT"
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 4:35 am
by M4Jess
"das-SHOOT"
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 4:36 am
by M4Jess
"das-SHOOT" we will be "das-shooters"
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 4:59 am
by Panzer Capta
Matrix Marauders
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 5:24 am
by Redleg
Dogs of War
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 5:26 am
by Les_the_Sarge_9_1
All to obvious, way to predictable guys.
Once again Les delves into his wargaming past for inspiration.
I like to say I am going to kill some cardboard when I play my table top wargames, why not go with the spirit and call us the
"Pixelators"
Nah to silly sounding.
Maybe the "Society for Historical Metal Mayhem"
Nah to stuffy sounding.
How about, the "Order of Unredeemed Warmongers"
Not quite I guess.
I am going with "The Three W" or
World @ War Warriors
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 8:33 am
by KG Erwin
I like that one, Les. World at War Warriors. Better yet, the 3W abbrev. To make the circle complete, the community could be called 3W World. The World at War Warriors' World. I think I like 3W World better.
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 5:06 pm
by Mikimoto
Nothing original: 3W was a cardboard wargame company, now dead. It published some of Rob Markharm's fine games...
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 5:15 pm
by Jacc
Ehem...: "Frank."
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 5:18 pm
by Mikimoto
Thanks.
I was writting from memory.
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 7:06 pm
by Les_the_Sarge_9_1
Yes...written as "3W" it wont fly, as people will confuse it with that old entity.
Thats why it would have to be written as "The Three W" to avoid comparisons.
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 8:18 pm
by troopie
With all due respect to the rest, I prefer mao's "Bob". Let's call it "Bob".
troopie
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 10:20 pm
by RichardTheFirst
If you don't mind I'm saying this, but this way we'll be here til next Christmas. I suggest a voting system.