Immobilization for stone or brick walls
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 5:45 am
Dear SPWAW Matrix crew,
I’m running ver 7.0 and it seems to me every time a tracked vehicle (a tank) hits or runs into a stone or brick wall it is immobilized no matter what it’s size is (I’ve never seen one not). To me this doesn’t make much sense especially since I’ve got real experience with tracked vehicles from my time in the Army. During that time I personally ran my MLRS launcher (it’s basically on a Bradley chassis) over several types of walls. Never once did I get immobilized for doing this. Grant you it’s a slow process but it CAN be done.
Anyways I think something needs to be done about it in the game. Stonewalls should not be impenetrable barriers to medium and large sized tanks or tracked vehicles. It should seriously slow down the tank or stop it for a turn. Of course there should be a chance for immobilization but it shouldn’t be substantial. Perhaps if the walls were given a rating and that is compared to the size value and class of the crossing vehicle you could get a successes formula for tanks crossing stonewalls.
I think you guys know what I’m talking about. Can it be worked into the 7.1 update?
I’m running ver 7.0 and it seems to me every time a tracked vehicle (a tank) hits or runs into a stone or brick wall it is immobilized no matter what it’s size is (I’ve never seen one not). To me this doesn’t make much sense especially since I’ve got real experience with tracked vehicles from my time in the Army. During that time I personally ran my MLRS launcher (it’s basically on a Bradley chassis) over several types of walls. Never once did I get immobilized for doing this. Grant you it’s a slow process but it CAN be done.
Anyways I think something needs to be done about it in the game. Stonewalls should not be impenetrable barriers to medium and large sized tanks or tracked vehicles. It should seriously slow down the tank or stop it for a turn. Of course there should be a chance for immobilization but it shouldn’t be substantial. Perhaps if the walls were given a rating and that is compared to the size value and class of the crossing vehicle you could get a successes formula for tanks crossing stonewalls.
I think you guys know what I’m talking about. Can it be worked into the 7.1 update?