Page 1 of 1

Banzai

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:59 am
by rroberson
Considering getting it...wondering what the opinions here were on it.


RE: Banzai

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:49 pm
by Hard Sarge
hi
if you don't mind the static campaign set up, Banzai is a good fun game

plus I believe you can play each one of the missions in the campaign as a stand alone mission

for me, I think The Last Days is much, much better (I have talked alot with TankerIV and done some extra/early flying with his work, so I am biased)

but of course, TLDs is based in the ETO and Banzai in the PAC, so if you are more interested in the PAC then Banzai is a good choice

also you may want to look for something called Wings over Water, another static campaign add on for the PAC

the demo for it looked very good

just in case, you do know that IL-2/PF has just came out with the 4.03/4.03m Patch, which adds some nice new things

plus there is updated Dgen file out, that is letting you fly the new models added with the 4.03 patch


RE: Banzai

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:54 pm
by rroberson
ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

hi
if you don't mind the static campaign set up, Banzai is a good fun game

plus I believe you can play each one of the missions in the campaign as a stand alone mission

for me, I think The Last Days is much, much better (I have talked alot with TankerIV and done some extra/early flying with his work, so I am biased)

but of course, TLDs is based in the ETO and Banzai in the PAC, so if you are more interested in the PAC then Banzai is a good choice

also you may want to look for something called Wings over Water, another static campaign add on for the PAC

the demo for it looked very good

just in case, you do know that IL-2/PF has just came out with the 4.03/4.03m Patch, which adds some nice new things

plus there is updated Dgen file out, that is letting you fly the new models added with the 4.03 patch


Thanks. I have the patch (long time flier here)...my primary interest is the pacific (the reason why I picked up IL2AEP was because Pac Fighters was just down the road). I was majorly dissappointed with Pacific fighters (I wont go into it but IL2 while being technology superior lacks soul) from a campaign stand point. I have played with the editor endlessly but lack the skills to be able to assemble my own campaigns. So, Im looking for something that will generate decent campaigns for the pacific vehicle.

Anyway, Ill take a look at wings over water too..

Thanks again.