Page 1 of 1
Type mismatch error
Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:40 am
by kzdwfy
So far I'm having an issue adding the fun and gun playbook to my new NFL league I created. i keep getting a type mismatch error everytime I try to add the playbook to the new team. Is anyone else getting this problem
RE: Type mismatch error
Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:05 pm
by David Winter
ORIGINAL: kzdwfy
So far I'm having an issue adding the fun and gun playbook to my new NFL league I created. i keep getting a type mismatch error everytime I try to add the playbook to the new team. Is anyone else getting this problem
Is this in the utilities or the core game?
RE: Type mismatch error
Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:19 pm
by rotor911
I get mysef a type mismatch error (code 13)in the pds each time that I try to open an existing play, be it with the file/open menu or the import play button in the playbook editor
RE: Type mismatch error
Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:49 am
by rotor911
unchanged with 1.095
RE: Type mismatch error
Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:09 pm
by David Winter
Is anyone else getting this problem?
RE: Type mismatch error
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:54 pm
by sgtmorgue
David,
I'm getting this same message as above when ever I try to save a newly created team. This is very fustrating I have tried changing all options for the new team. Sometimes I get this message instead "TypeMismatchinProceduremodGame.EditNewTeam" . But I haven't been able to create a new team yet .
Please Help
RE: Type mismatch error
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:05 pm
by Erik Rutins
I just want to confirm - do these errors show up if you are changing one of the existing leagues or only for new leagues? Can those of you with this error please post DxDiag files per the instructions at the top of this forum so that we can check for any commonalities? Thanks.
Regards,
- Erik
RE: Type mismatch error
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:29 pm
by David Winter
ORIGINAL: sgtmorgue
David,
I'm getting this same message as above when ever I try to save a newly created team. This is very fustrating I have tried changing all options for the new team. Sometimes I get this message instead "TypeMismatchinProceduremodGame.EditNewTeam" . But I haven't been able to create a new team yet .
Please Help
Please zip up the league database file you're using and email it to
support@wintervalley.com
Also, an explicit step by step of what you're doing would be very useful. What buttons are you clicking, what values are you entering, etc. in bullet point form helps narrow these problems down quickly.
I'll see what's going on.
RE: Type mismatch error
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:47 pm
by rotor911
Here's my dxdiag file
RE: Type mismatch error
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:18 pm
by Erik Rutins
Rotor,
Thanks for posting your DxDiag. As an aside, do you realize you are way below the minimum spec? You have a 32Mb Video Card, 256 MB RAM and both your Video and Audio drivers are from 2000. Frankly, I'm a bit amazed the game is working at all on your system. Are you seeing any other errors aside from this one or gameplay problems? If you hit F11 during play execution, what is your frame rate?
Can you please see if you can get updated drivers to help minimize any future problems?
Regards,
- Erik
RE: Type mismatch error
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:57 pm
by Tullius
An additional problem for Rotor could be that he uses no English Language Settings.
RE: Type mismatch error
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:16 pm
by David Winter
Ohh yes.. that's a good point Tullius.
Rotor, make sure your regional settings are Unitied States or Canada. This is described in the readme file.
RE: Type mismatch error
Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:22 am
by David Winter
Okay, it seems that the computer region settings definately causes a problem for the PDS. I had to set my machine to Russian (don't know what language Rotor is using though) and it did cause some probelms for this particular part of the PDS.
I've added some extra code to deal with that. It will be available in the next update. In the mean time, setting your computer region to a North American one will stop the problem.
This has been detailed in the readme as a known issue.
RE: Type mismatch error
Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:57 am
by rotor911
I know that my system is way under specs. I want to familiarize myself with the pds while waiting for upgrading my computer. I can run games though, they work without problem but the fps is under 20 and I saw 1 (one) pass complete in 3 games
