Page 1 of 1
Tank battles
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 12:05 am
by gappa
Hi fellas!
One thing is missing in the long-campaings in SP WAW. It is the button to toggle infantry battles or tank battles. I think that the computer buys too much of infantry and lots of useless tanks that are no match for mine with experienced crew.
What do you think about it?
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 12:09 am
by Larry Holt
WWII was essentially an infantry war. While we think of the glamour of tank battles, most armies were primarily non-mechanized infantry.
You can always go into the editor and rebuy the AIP's side if you want to.
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 12:14 am
by gappa
How do I do that?
I know that WWII was primarili an infantry war. But i just less infatry and more tanks. I don´t want to have just tank battles, they are too boring. It would be best 2/3 infantry 1/3 tanks.
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 1:16 am
by Redleg
Generated Human v AI battles....
You can purchase for the AI and use auto deploy to get the sort of mix of units you want.
Also, there is a very interesting thing that occurs when purchasing.... set the AI to player 1 and let the human have player 2 and (the last time I tried it), the computer purchases very differently.
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 1:18 am
by Charles2222
Gappa: One thing you can do to make things effectually more challenging if the experience of your units is getting too much higher than the AIs, you can always set the AI experience higher, as that opportunity is given to you between battles. I can't recall where that prompt comes up, but it may be after you've purchased support.
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 2:13 am
by Larry Holt
Originally posted by Gappa:
How do I do that?
I know that WWII was primarili an infantry war. But i just less infatry and more tanks. I don´t want to have just tank battles, they are too boring. It would be best 2/3 infantry 1/3 tanks.
Besides buying the AIP forces in a generated battle, you can take a saved game, rename the saveXXX to scenXXX, move it from the Save dir to the Scen dir and edit it in the editor. Then you move it back and rename it. If you are good in UNIX you can build a script to do this using gvim or other Windows UNIX tools.