Page 1 of 1

SPWAW features question

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 11:23 am
by fedinf
Greetings!

My SPWAW copy is from a Computer Gaming World CD from at least a year ago...think it's like v3.x...my guesstimate.

Are there any major changes between my ancient version and 6.x ?

One thing I noticed is that the game crashes if I try any bigger maps than "large" in the random battle generator.

Thanks ahead of time for any feedback =)

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 12:57 pm
by Lost Lieutenant
I would say that there are major changes between 5.1 and 7.0, much less between 3.x and 6.x! But the changes are all in the details; the later versions are tweaked so that they play more realistically. Your best bet is to DL the game from the main site. It takes a while, but its worth it.

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 6:43 pm
by TheZel66
Better still, buy Mega Campaign - Watchtower. and get a copy of v7.0 with it... definately worth the cash..

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 12:01 am
by fedinf
Thanks, guys =)