Page 1 of 1

Some Tension in the Air Around Here?

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:42 am
by KG Erwin
I'm taking a break from SPWaW, as changes are coming, so I have no need to start yet another campaign until the dust settles.

Some of you guys are getting WAY too deep into arguing about playing styles, views of history, and general nastiness.

NONE of this pointless bickering is gonna change the world -- it's a freaking GAME, for crying out loud!

Let's all step back, take a breath, and get a grip.

Have a nice weekend.

Regards to all,
Glenn


RE: Some Tension in the Air Around Here?

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:45 am
by Goblin
Did I miss something?[&:]


Goblin

RE: Some Tension in the Air Around Here?

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:05 am
by PimpYourAFV

The storm seems to have brewed up when a lot of less than civil types are angry at me for not talking and playing the game the exact same way as everyone else does. I had hoped to have some interesting counterarguments to read from military fans; instead I got hate, and nary an intelligent response to anything except for a few short notes from Wild Bill. Also irritating is the team of housewives that follow up my posts with scoldings and nagging. The pond has become stale and foul from a lack of fresh waterflow. I'll most probably take a permanent break from this site. Back to online chess for me. It's great cause I'm allowed to use tactics of my choice there.

Best to let the boiling waters evaporate on their own. I won't be looking to see all the scoldings that follow this post! [:'(]

RE: Some Tension in the Air Around Here?

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:57 am
by KG Erwin
Well, damn! [:@] I was hoping to get an honest-to-goodness Japanese player to take me on in a USMC vs Japan PBEM game, but doesn't look like it's gonna happen. [:(]

RE: Some Tension in the Air Around Here?

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:11 am
by forgorin
Unfortunatly i think what happended was that some people took offense at others and their differnet style of play (I dont see how you can take offence at a GAME). As Mr. KG Erwin pointed out. Its just a Freaking Game and amen to that too. Who cares if you like to see hordes of your own men die. Who cares if you dont want to play by email (I don't). Have fun thats why its called a GAME.


RE: Some Tension in the Air Around Here?

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:29 pm
by Riun T
IF YA CAN"T TAKE THE HEAT[:@] GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN!!

RE: Some Tension in the Air Around Here?

Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:24 pm
by forgorin
I do beleive that some people need to learn manners. Its a shame the way some behave in public.[:-]

RE: Some Tension in the Air Around Here?

Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:44 pm
by John Galt
ORIGINAL: Goblin

Did I miss something?[&:]


Goblin

Guess I did too Goblin. [&:]

RE: Some Tension in the Air Around Here?

Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:22 pm
by m10bob
ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

I'm taking a break from SPWaW, as changes are coming, so I have no need to start yet another campaign until the dust settles.

Some of you guys are getting WAY too deep into arguing about playing styles, views of history, and general nastiness.

NONE of this pointless bickering is gonna change the world -- it's a freaking GAME, for crying out loud!

Let's all step back, take a breath, and get a grip.

Have a nice weekend.

Regards to all,
Glenn


"Saddle up!"
-Sgt Stryker(The Duke)

RE: Some Tension in the Air Around Here?

Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:48 am
by m10bob
I'm taking a break from SPWaW

[8|]

"Well, damn! I was hoping to get an honest-to-goodness Japanese player to take me on in a USMC vs Japan PBEM game, but doesn't look like it's gonna happen."

[8|]



Uhhhhh....What's behind curtain # 3??

[&:][>:][>:][>:]


"it's a freaking GAME, for crying out loud!

Let's all step back, take a breath, and get a grip. "



Oh, yeah...that's right.....[:D][;)]

Glenn...We have all seen the "rant" that we old timers have NEVER seen before, and I gotta agree with you, but I've never known something like this (alone) to make old warriors "walk away", as it were.................
We shall see....[8D]

RE: Some Tension in the Air Around Here?

Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:43 pm
by Wild Bill
TokyoBoy, don't let what folks say deter you from something you enjoy. I appreciate your posts and though I may not always agree with you, I do believe you have the right to play and talk about this game as you feel you should.

Don't let others spoil your fun! I don't.

I've taken more heat than all of you during the 11 years I've been involved in computer wargaming. I guess there are effifies of Wild Bill around somewhere that are burned to a crisp.

But you know what, I'm still here and they are gone. It will happen in the future but it won't slow me down.

Folks get bored. I think that is the case here with some. Then they just stir things up to liven up the party. It will pass. It always passes.

Enjoy the game. Speak your mind. Remember your manners and you'll all be fine.

Wild Bill

RE: Some Tension in the Air Around Here?

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:20 am
by PimpYourAFV

Thanks for that, Bill.

RE: Some Tension in the Air Around Here?

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:35 am
by Wild Bill
My pleasure my friend. As for me, you are welcome here and what you have to say merits attention, agree or disagree. Keep going.

WB

RE: Some Tension in the Air Around Here?

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:35 am
by PimpYourAFV

Cheers to you bro. I reckon its time to let this thread sink into the murky cemetary of the thousands of forgotten threads.

RE: Some Tension in the Air Around Here?

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:23 am
by Wild Bill
Going, going, GONE!

Moving on now...WB