Page 1 of 1
Speaking of console games..road to hill 30 ps2
Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:05 am
by riverbravo
Has anyone played the console game Road to Hill 30 for the PS2?
Its a decent shooter that lets you take command of single troopers and some squads in later levels.
It has a decent command interface and decent graphics. Im sure the 360 version is way better. But, it seems like this game takes on a bit more of the tactical side with being able to command other sections.
BUT, will any console shooter ever have the "one shot one kill" aspect as far as WW2 shooters go.
I mean you pop a enemy in the chest from 20 meters with a Garrand and he coughs and fires back?.....COME ON....but all in all....20 bucks at wal-mart under the PS-2 greatest hits section....its worth it.......comments........
Did I mention the troopers curse....they even say the "F" word...[;)]
RE: Speaking of console games..road to hill 30 ps2
Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:21 am
by Maliki
Not a bad game.
There's some things that i don't like about the Brothers in Arms series,but they do force you to use your head.Your going to be doing alot of reloading if you try to play these games as though they are just standard FPS.
BTW,i don't think that they made this one for the 360.There's a new game in the series slated for it and the screenshot they used for it in the article i was reading looked amazing.
RE: Speaking of console games..road to hill 30 ps2
Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:50 pm
by riverbravo
Oh yeah, also they have the Thompson with a 20 round mag.....I thought , IIRC it was a 30 round clip unless of course you had a drum on it.
RE: Speaking of console games..road to hill 30 ps2
Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:00 pm
by Sarge
I think both 20 and 30 round clips were issued in both PTO,ETO.
But drums at 50 or 100 rounds were only issued in the PTO [&:]
Can you imagine the weight of a 100 rounds of .45apc

RE: Speaking of console games..road to hill 30 ps2
Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:01 pm
by Maliki
Well my major beef is the way they modeled armor(or didn't to be more exact).They went through all the trouble of making the game as realistic as possible in commanding a WWII partrooper squad in combat...then make taking out tanks more of an arcade type feature.Doesn't matter what type of AT weapon you use,where you hit them from or anything else.You have to hit a tank a certain number of times in order to kill it.
I don't know why,but that is the one thing in the game that grates on me.
RE: Speaking of console games..road to hill 30 ps2
Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:31 am
by riverbravo
A lot of FPS games seem to overlook the armor modeling and the ones that do rarely get accurate.At least in CoD-UO a zook to rear of tank killed it with one hit...at least in MP mode.
As far as the 20 round mags for the tommy....I googled this real quick.
http://www.ima-usa.com/product_info.php ... 9917f2e4a0
RE: Speaking of console games..road to hill 30 ps2
Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:38 am
by JudgeDredd
I like the game very much. I think it's gritty and well executed. I keep going back to it.
RE: Speaking of console games..road to hill 30 ps2
Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:01 pm
by Speedysteve
Check out Call of Duty 2 aswell.........
RE: Speaking of console games..road to hill 30 ps2
Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:53 pm
by JudgeDredd
ORIGINAL: Speedy
Check out Call of Duty 2 aswell.........
Not quite the same, m8. Pretty good, but it doesn't have that feel. It's hectic...but pretty gamey.
RE: Speaking of console games..road to hill 30 ps2
Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:03 pm
by Maliki
ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd
ORIGINAL: Speedy
Check out Call of Duty 2 aswell.........
Not quite the same, m8. Pretty good, but it doesn't have that feel. It's hectic...but pretty gamey.
Thanks! I was writing about how i found CoD 2 lacking somewhere else.You just hit the nail on the head.The two BiA games have spoiled me in what to expect from a WWII shooter(though i don't think its fair describing them as such).
BTW,The Medal of Honor series is supposed to come out with a new one.guess what?You play an American paratrooper in it.[X(]
RE: Speaking of console games..road to hill 30 ps2
Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:56 pm
by riverbravo
Im a big fan of the CoD series for MP mode. I really like the 'base' game. I expect the new CoD is a blast live.
BiA get my vote for SP. I dont know if I would class BiA as just a hum-drum FPS. Maybe a T for tactical should go in front of the FPS part? Anyway.....Best TFPS or FPS I have seen on a console in a looooooong time.