Page 1 of 1

Screen Too Big

Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:35 pm
by Waldo_slith
I've just purchased Campaigns on the Danube, installed it and patched 2.1 and 2.2.

The screen is too big. Consequently its cut off on the right and the bottom. I cannot see the options bar on the right or the info sections on the bottom.

How do I fix this problem?

Thanks for your help.

wp

RE: Screen Too Big

Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:24 pm
by DEB
You need to change the Resolution of your screen to 1024 by 768 pixels,
( it's proberly at 800 by 600 pixels ).

IE :- Start, Settings, Control Panel, Display, Settings, and move pointer @
bottom right towards more ( until 1024 by 768 is shown ). Click on Apply then OK then OK again in the smaller window ( new resolution ). Then load the game.

NB: Use the ESC key to exit the game.

RE: Screen Too Big

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:06 am
by Waldo_slith
Thanks. That fixed the problem. Is there a way to edit one of the game files so I don't need to change the display settings to run the game and then change the settings back when I'm finished with the game?

You also anticipated another question -- how to exit the game. Thanks for that answer.

wp

RE: Screen Too Big

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:44 pm
by DEB
Hi WP.

Glad you're sorted now. I'm afraid I don't have any idea how to do as you suggusted. I set up a shortcut direct to the "Display" area to speed things up a little. Just in case you get any further problems, see below from one of my earlier answers to a question re "Lockups". [8D]


Switch off the sound effects & music. I know it seems strange but it worked on mine ( where the lock up's occurred when clicking the next /end turn icon or during battle resolution ).

You can have the music etc. on whilst giving your orders etc. if you wish.
Just remember to disable/turn off before hitting that next/end turn button.
( I leave it off which is a shame because it's quite good. )