Page 1 of 1

Steel Panthers WAW Lost Victories is...

Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:56 am
by Andreas
.. a really good game, but the scrolling is really bad on my AMD K6/2-333 with 128 MByte RAM and a 16 MBYTE AGP-Card. Even at the fastest setting! This was a big disappointment, because games like the Campaign Series, Tobruk '41, Combat Mission and others run really fine on my PC. Does anybody run SP on a fast PC (800 MHz or faster) and could tell me if the scrolling is still choppy?
Thank you,
Andreas

Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 3:39 am
by lnp4668
Don't have any problem with it even on my old 400MHz system. Are you sure the preference settings are set correctly?

Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 6:40 am
by Panzer Capta
Close unnecessary programs running in background.

Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 7:41 am
by Andreas
Thank you for your reply!
There are no other programs running in background and I used the fastest scroll-setting (preferences). I can play the game without problems, but it's scrolling not very smooth. Maybe it's normal!?
Andreas

Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 1:22 pm
by peter hellman
Well I use a 200Mhz / 96 RAM, I have no problems with scrolling or nothing. When I had only 64 RAM I had those problems, but it was still playable. Then I bought those 32 RAM. I'm using Windows 98.

Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 8:20 pm
by Mark Ezra
I'm running a p3 w/vodoo 5500 graphics card. I play both CM and SPWAW with no map scrolling issues associated with either game. You might want to look at your monitor settings.

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2002 7:14 am
by Zorfwaddle
As for running programs in the background, even if you are not "running" any other programs, be sure to close out unnecessary stuff in your system tray. All those icons floating in there are memory hogs. Also, take a look at stuff running when you hit CTL-ALT-DEL (this brings up task manager). Winamp, Netscape and a couple of other things tend to hang around, in case you want to use them again.... Hope this helps...

George