Page 1 of 1

No sacks?

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:40 am
by Bleysofglory
Erik/Dave.

I have created a college league of 108 teams using the American Football Rules. I have my overtime set to 'Sudden Death'. However, when I simmed the first weeks worth of games (54 games), there were 4 games that should have gone to overtime but did not. They ended in ties after the 4th quarter. I am currently running the 1.095 version. Has this problem been previously reported and/or fixed?

Also, through the course of those 54 games not a single Sack was recorded. All other stats seemed to be reasonable and I was wondering if this was a stat tracking issue?

Thanks.

RE: No sacks?

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:58 am
by Magnum357
Just curious, did you play out these games, or did you "Fast SIM"? I think the actual Arcade Engine is setup differently then the Fast SIM game.

RE: No sacks?

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:59 am
by Tbird
I think someone mentioned this problem but not sure if he was talking about simmed games or games that we're actually played out.

RE: No sacks?

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:24 am
by Bleysofglory
I simmed the games. Didn't have time to sit down and play them. [:D]

Looked as though the sim function went 'through the motions' of a full game.

The game displayed play selections and results of the play as the games went along. Don't know if this is actually played out in the computer the same way a 'real played game' would be or not.

But when the 4th quarters ended, the game stats came up on screen and the games never went to OT.

RE: No sacks?

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:33 pm
by Frenzy
ORIGINAL: Bleysofglory

Erik/Dave.

I have created a college league of 108 teams using the American Football Rules. I have my overtime set to 'Sudden Death'. However, when I simmed the first weeks worth of games (54 games), there were 4 games that should have gone to overtime but did not. They ended in ties after the 4th quarter. I am currently running the 1.095 version. Has this problem been previously reported and/or fixed?

Also, through the course of those 54 games not a single Sack was recorded. All other stats seemed to be reasonable and I was wondering if this was a stat tracking issue?

Thanks.

Holy cow! You sat there and clicked the teams and then sim 54 times--wow! We really need a way to select multiple games to sim if people out there are going to be simming this many games. Hopefully once all the bugs are squashed we can get that on the list.

RE: No sacks?

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:07 pm
by MjH
ORIGINAL: Frenzy
Holy cow! You sat there and clicked the teams and then sim 54 times--wow! We really need a way to select multiple games to sim if people out there are going to be simming this many games. Hopefully once all the bugs are squashed we can get that on the list.

Another game I had (I don't remember the name at the moment), had a 'Simulate rest of the week' button. Press that, and any games that had not been played for the current week were simulated. This would be very useful in this case.