Page 1 of 1
First down problem
Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:33 pm
by Deltadog
I ran a quick play game using the latest beta patch and noted this during the second quarter. Offense using old T play book and defense using funNGun play book from the members area. The offense made a first down. When the display that appears in the upper left hand corner that gives that down, yards to go and location of the ball, it read ---------and 10. ( DASHES WERE ACDUALLY A BLANK) The off4ense ran a play and the next screen was as follows:
Clearly the distance between the line which represents the location of the ball and the first down line is NOT 10 yards and it should be 2nd down. Play continued and the distance to go continued to disagree with the visual image and the down countinue to be one off. The offense earned another first down and after that the game seemed to get back in sync. This has happened several times, but nothing I can do causes it to occur. (Games being played cpu vs cpu) I tried to get a number of other screen shots by hitting f12, but failed to get additional pictures.
RE: First down problem
Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:51 pm
by Marauders
Had you seen this problem prior to the last time you patched? Which patch are you using?
RE: First down problem
Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:17 pm
by simmer
I had this happen when I clearly made the first down. The scoreboard said _ and 5 to go??.
RE: First down problem
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:31 am
by Deltadog
ORIGINAL: Marauders
Had you seen this problem prior to the last time you patched? Which patch are you using?
No I had not seen this before. I am using v1.0.106 Beta.
RE: First down problem
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:41 am
by Magnum357
Hmmm... that is a fairly serious issue. Were you using Custom made Plays and Playbooks? Any adjustments on Rules and Timing? I assume this was a League game right?
RE: First down problem
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:49 am
by David Winter
Nobody else in the beta has reported anything like this. How repeatable is this?
RE: First down problem
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:38 am
by Deltadog
As I stated in the first message, mine was quick play. There was no change in rules and the plays were those downloaded.
I do not know how repeatable it is as I have only run the one game since downloading and installing the patch.
RE: First down problem
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:45 am
by Shaggyra
I have just encounted the same or very similar problem. I did not closely notice what preceded it, but I believe it was a short 2 yard run.
Quickplay, CPU v CPU, US ruleset

RE: First down problem
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:56 am
by Shaggyra
I also took a screen shot of the stats pages imediately following this play.
Notice that the rushing yards total is -44, yet this is in no way indicated by individual stats.
(the attached is combined and cropped for display here)

RE: First down problem
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:09 am
by aysi
hey just turn the sound off[:D]
RE: First down problem
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:50 pm
by Sonny
Don't forget sacks count against the rushing totals and not the passing totals.
Did the team lose yardage back across the 50 yard line? It seems to me (no data to back it up) that sometimes when crossing the 50 yard line (especially on a loss of yardage) the game gets confused. And also penalties sometimes screw up the yards to go etc.
RE: First down problem
Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:11 am
by David Winter
Had there been a fumble at some point prior to this?
RE: First down problem
Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:53 am
by Deft
I had a problem with downs following a fumble out of bounds.
RE: First down problem
Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:26 am
by Shaggyra
ORIGINAL: David Winter
Had there been a fumble at some point prior to this?
Hmm. Honestly don't remember. I'll watch for that in the future.
RE: First down problem
Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:14 pm
by Gman1025
I had the same thing happen. Canadian rules coach mode. It was after a punt or kickoff. On first and ten a run was a 2 yard loss. Game information showed 2nd and 67. The LOS and first down marks looked like it should (12 yards).
From what I remember the big loss of yardage was counted in the stats. They had a good game running but the overall running yards was 37 for the game (2 backs over 70 yards and QB at least 20 yards).