Page 1 of 1

Size of maps?

Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:25 pm
by Le Tondu
Tim,
Since there hasn't been any new screenshots or news for a while, it is safe to say that lots of work behind the scenes must be going on.

I'm not sure if this has been asked before.

HUGE maps are always an excellent thing in a game like this. I was wondering. Just how big will the biggest maps be for BPW:BoN?

Thanks in advance.

Rick
[:)]

RE: Size of maps?

Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:01 pm
by Le Tondu
Gosh, you must be REAL busy.

RE: Size of maps?

Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:03 pm
by Tim Coakley
The game is set for 200x200 right now. Mostly a performance issue. I do want to expand to 500x500 if possible.

Frank is working on a game crash bug that has been a bear.

Tim

RE: Size of maps?

Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:23 pm
by Le Tondu
Thanks again Tim. Best wishes to Frank and you.

RE: Size of maps?

Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:11 pm
by Fred98
200 meters by 200 meters ????


-




RE: Size of maps?

Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:57 pm
by Le Tondu
I believe that it is 100 meters per hex.

RE: Size of maps?

Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:10 pm
by Capt Cliff
20 klicks by 20 klicks should be plenty of room to maneuver in! Unit numbers might be a problem.