Page 1 of 1
birmingham barracudas 1995 cfl
Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 am
by DONMVP
Barracudas from cfl expansion in the 90`s

RE: birmingham barracudas 1995 cfl
Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:40 am
by Magnum357
So thats what the Barracudas uni's look like. I always wondered what they looked like because I could never find a photo of them.
RE: birmingham barracudas 1995 cfl
Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:10 am
by DONMVP
i think they could have more blue teal in them . Good pic in cfl in america page . I saw someone on another site , make it more of a green teal.
RE: birmingham barracudas 1995 cfl
Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:59 pm
by David Winter
That looks very good.
It's not exactly how they looked but it likely to be as close as you're going to get considering the game doesn't have the ability to do the small front jersey numbers. A few CFL teams in 1995 (Toronto, Memphis, and Birmingham) had their primary logo centred on the front of their jersey. Much like a hockey jersey. The front jersey numbers were much smaller and on the top left shoulder area. It was a short lived (thankfully) experiment in football uniform design.
This is the memphis one...

RE: birmingham barracudas 1995 cfl
Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:01 pm
by David Winter
double post
RE: birmingham barracudas 1995 cfl
Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:22 pm
by DONMVP
Yes you were right David , I must have done 20 uniforms for both memphis and birmingham . Could never get it right , with logo on the front so made them small to place on front . It`s amazing how little photos there our of those team`s.
RE: birmingham barracudas 1995 cfl
Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:34 am
by Magnum357
Hey, I remember that aswell of the small numbers and logo printed on the Jerseys of a few CFL teams. I think I remember NFLE experimenting with the same concept not too long after the CFL did it. I think NFLE only did it for one or two years then dropped the idea aswell.
RE: birmingham barracudas 1995 cfl
Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:32 am
by Gman1025
Good job!