Page 1 of 1

More 1.8 goodies

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:02 pm
by wild_Willie2
Just noticed this (picture)

Japanese Naval forces now have a seperate long lance attack phase when not surprised [&o][&o][&o]

Image

RE: More 1.8 goodies

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:10 pm
by String
whoa. nice :)

RE: More 1.8 goodies

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:59 pm
by m10bob
Sure looks like something I "wished for???

3/14/2006 2:33:34 PM

m10bob
Matrix Legion of Merit



"More for the WITP II probably, but I would like to see a *major option* given the Japanese player..
When he sets a squadron of destroyers out, rather than just labelling them as "Surface Fleet", I would like to see the Japanese player given the option of "Torpedo Attack", (which would allow any confrontation to launch Long Lance torpedoes and automatically withdraw without suffering return fire !!!)..
Since Japanese destroyers carried reloads, launching the torpedoes would not automatically send them back to port, but it should NOT keep them in the area of battle since it did take time to re-load the torps..
This Long Lance attack option should (IMHO) be given the Japanese player at least until maybe 1943 when Allied radar caught up with Japanese night optic devices, (another area where they excelled.)
C'mon guys...Give this a thought......."[:D]

RE: More 1.8 goodies

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:39 pm
by wild_Willie2
I tried to reproduce these long lance attack results using CA and BB's in a TF, intercepting an US CV TF. It appears that it only works when only CL's and DD's are present in the TF...

Maybe one off the devs can enlighten us on this new feature [&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:]

RE: More 1.8 goodies

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:48 pm
by m10bob
ORIGINAL: wild_Willie2

I tried to reproduce these long lance attack results using CA and BB's in a TF, intercepting an US CV TF. It appears that it only works when only CL's and DD's are present in the TF...

Maybe one off the devs can enlighten us on this new feature [&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:]

Uhhh..Ya' want egg in your beer, huh![:D]
I consider any implementation of the seperate Long Lance attacks a much-needed and historical option for the Japanese.
If indeed it only works with Cl's and DD's, I can accept that, as CL's were DD leaders, and anything larger might have been detected by the Allies..

RE: More 1.8 goodies

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:32 pm
by Don Bowen
ORIGINAL: wild_Willie2

I tried to reproduce these long lance attack results using CA and BB's in a TF, intercepting an US CV TF. It appears that it only works when only CL's and DD's are present in the TF...

Maybe one off the devs can enlighten us on this new feature [&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:]

Sorry to rain on the parade, but this was NOT addressed in V1.8. Unless we accidentally broke/unbroke something - it's as it was.





RE: More 1.8 goodies

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:34 pm
by Black Mamba 1942
The IJN get a chance at a long lance phase when THEY are the surprising force.
Nothing new.[;)]

RE: More 1.8 goodies

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:49 pm
by DuckofTindalos
Yeah, I've seen it before, too. It's just that there's such a large number of circumstances that have to exist in confluence...

RE: More 1.8 goodies

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:39 pm
by langley
This is something I have seen as well under 1.795

RE: More 1.8 goodies

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:49 pm
by michaelm75au
It was something added in the 1.7x betas.

From WhatsNew:
Beta 1.70
6) One of the tests for long lance torpedo attacks was some times returning the wrong value, negating surprise. Fixed.

Michael