Page 1 of 1

CHS Scen 51 no carrier battle?

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 5:10 pm
by sermil
I'm not sure there's any support for all these different mods, I guess I should have stuck with the official scenarios. Anyways here it is: I'm playing a May 42 scenario with CHS and there are a few flaws in the database, but besides that I've been in the situation of the the embedded picture for two days, I have six carrier TFs near Lunga and the Jap KB is 120 miles away. All my carriers have reacted at least once but not one aircraft is sent on either side. Is there some rule that prohibits carrier confrontations until a specific date?

Image

RE: CHS Scen 51 no carrier battle?

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:55 pm
by Ron Saueracker
I don't think anything anybody has done in a mod impacts issues like this. Most likely the AI exhausted it's sortie total and is too limited to cope with this until the fuel runs low. What are your sortie totals on your CVs?

RE: CHS Scen 51 no carrier battle?

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:10 pm
by Halsey
This scenario is borked because of faulty LCU assignments and TO&E's.
Among other descrepencies.

You should try scenario 113 from AB, or Nik's mod for the 5/42 start.[;)]

This is a CHS offshoot scenario.
It's not the CHS.[;)]

RE: CHS Scen 51 no carrier battle?

Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:43 am
by Andrew Brown
When I get time, I will contact the person who created the scenario to see whether it can be looked at.

Andrew

RE: CHS Scen 51 no carrier battle?

Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:34 pm
by sermil
I've tried Nik's mod for '42 but there wasn't any way of getting the correct map layout. It isn't a question of map mod version because the extended map scenario from Andrew Brown's site works very well for me (the one for slot 155 if I recall correctly). I'm trying David Freer's scenario 50 which seems to have a correct database, but I'm not sure how it will handle carrier battles though.

RE: CHS Scen 51 no carrier battle?

Posted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:38 pm
by Halsey
Maybe they got the Japanese LCU TO&E's correct.[;)]
There are quite a few Allied LCU's that are messed up with improper organizations.

RE: CHS Scen 51 no carrier battle?

Posted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:24 am
by Ron Saueracker
Why bother working on these? I'd like to see the major mods lioke CHS be made official, if only to showcase the research the guys did. As for major gameplay mods that try to address design flaws, I'd rather see them fix the problems than make sideshow fixes official.