Page 1 of 1
Music during game??
Posted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:45 pm
by m10bob
I currently have the Patton theme song play during my troop purchase and battle preferences screen, but in-game, I only hear the environmental noises.
Is there any way to have that theme song play real low in the background, (shy of putting a CD player nea-by?)[:D]
We already know even high end systems playing SPWAW(the power hawg of hawgs) will not allow the media player to play at the same time....
RE: Music during game??
Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:09 am
by sabrejack
As an aside - my machine appears to be a freak... I'm able to run Media Player, Outlook etc while I'm playing, and only very rarely have any sort of error.
It's not exactly a high end machine either - P3 833mhz with 256mb RAM, running XP Pro (up to date service packs etc).
Anyone else have that sort of luck? I'm familiar with how everyone else seems to have to close everything before playing.
RE: Music during game??
Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:43 am
by KG Erwin
Yeah, I've got substitute USMC music for a couple of routines, BUT the nearest I can figure is having alternate music wav files replace the ambient weather sounds for what's playing when you're moving and fighting. ANY wav file can be replaced.
Once you figure out the four-digit wav trigger codes, you can do whatever you want. You can change a thunderstorm into a hurricane, or Stevie Ray Vaughn's "Couldn't Stand the Weather" or whatever as long as its in .wav format and matches the code it replaces.
RE: Music during game??
Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 1:31 am
by Svennemir
Personally I haven't had trouble playing sound files with WinAmp in the background... sometimes the graphical patterns which show up on many media players can take some CPU resources to generate - try disabling those effects, perhaps that might allow running both programs smoothly?
RE: Music during game??
Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 2:23 am
by Alby
turn off your weather and Battle sounds
then you will hear background music
but to hear the particular file you want, you may have to rename to one of the background music file names.
there are at least 6 different ones in there that are used for background music
RE: Music during game??
Posted: Tue May 16, 2006 3:49 am
by m10bob
Thanks for all the suggestions, guys..I do want to hear the ambient sounds, and the battle sounds as well, so those are not options for me.
As in WITP/UV, I was hoping to "have my cake and eat it too!"(LOL)....[:D]