Page 1 of 1
I hate this game
Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:31 pm
by MarcA
Ooooh!

RE: I hate this game
Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:41 pm
by Speedysteve
LOL. I symapthise. I have a had duds against an IJN BB and a CV.
I have also luckily sunk CVE Hosho and have heavily damaged CV Kaga in a recent attack in a PBEM with 2 torpedo's.
RE: I hate this game
Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:45 pm
by Mr.Frag
Just think how the real guys felt. Ever seen an armaments guy shoved into a torpedo tube? [X(]
RE: I hate this game
Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:57 pm
by Speedysteve
Nope but I assume with 100% certainty it would not be Nik. AFAIK there is no 40" wide torp tube........[;)]
RE: I hate this game
Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:33 pm
by Titanwarrior89
heheheheh[X(] Know how ya feel. Nice action shot! At least it woke up the midnight shift when it hit the side. "BAM"[:D]
RE: I hate this game
Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:43 pm
by cantona
you have my sympathy..THAT happend to me twice yesterday on two different carriers, then the damn fish decide to explode when they hit a PG or PC or MSW [:@]
RE: I hate this game
Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:28 pm
by el cid again
Whereas I love this part of it. I think it is very realistic.
RE: I hate this game
Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:01 pm
by DuckofTindalos
Realistic? Yeah, probably... Relentlessly frustrating? Most assuredly...
RE: I hate this game
Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 2:00 am
by FeurerKrieg
That's my carrier he was shooting at. The moment before, when the the screen said "6 x whatever Torpedo" I about fell out of my chair.
A perfect example of karma... my Pearl Attack was cancelled due to weather, I've probably just recevied my reward for not asking for a replay of turn 1.
RE: I hate this game
Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:39 am
by MarcA
[:)]
RE: I hate this game
Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 9:35 pm
by RUPD3658
This is why I don't watch the animations. What I don't know won't drive me mad. [:@]
RE: I hate this game
Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:10 pm
by joey
I don't watch the animations either for the same reason. It is sometimes better not to know. I don't get so frustrated that way. It must have drove the WWII sub captains mad to see a perfect torpedo shot go bad when it did not explode.
RE: I hate this game
Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:36 pm
by Cap Mandrake
I wouldn't worry that much. Judging from the sub picture, the wave height has got to be 40-50 feet (keel to periscope.
The Japs are probably seasick and, at least, arent going to be conducting any air operations in that kind of sea.
RE: I hate this game
Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 4:47 pm
by demonterico
The poor quality of American torpedoes at the start of WWII is one of the facts which has always intrigued me. If I remember correctly, the negligence involved which caused this condition occur, bordered on criminal.
RE: I hate this game
Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:14 pm
by joey
There are many good books about the subject. Yes, the torpedo's functional problems were boarding on criminal. But once these issues were solved, we had a very reliable, functional torpedo. I guess sometimes you have to go thru a little pain to get a quality product.