Page 1 of 1
Mod Swapper, for Alby
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:26 am
by Dragoon 45
I tried to install the new Enhanced version with Mod Swapper. I followed the directions in your earlier post. The Mod Swapper window shows the Enhanced version installed but when I start the game it is not there.
I ended up replacing the old files with the Enhanced files on a separate install of the game and it works fine, I just couldn't get the Mod Swapper to work correctly.
RE: Mod Swapper, for Alby
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:37 am
by junk2drive
Modswapper worked for me, sorry to hear it didn't for you.
If you have multiple installs make sure it isn't still installed on one of the other versions. WBW's head will be in the upper right of the first screen and above the Mega Campaign button will be "COLONEL: ITS SPWAW ENHANCED"
At the bottom will be 8.403
RE: Mod Swapper, for Alby
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:50 am
by Dragoon 45
Neither of these show up yet the Mod Swapper shows the Enhanced version installed. In the game install I replaced the Enhanced files with, these items do show up.
ORIGINAL: junk2drive
Modswapper worked for me, sorry to hear it didn't for you.
If you have multiple installs make sure it isn't still installed on one of the other versions. WBW's head will be in the upper right of the first screen and above the Mega Campaign button will be "COLONEL: ITS SPWAW ENHANCED"
At the bottom will be 8.403
RE: Mod Swapper, for Alby
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:52 am
by FlashfyreSP
This is the most common problem with the ModSwapper: it only works on the LATEST game install. Each new install rewrites the Registry, and that is where ModSwapper looks to find its pathway. If you have multiple installs, check your Windows Registry entry for the path; this will tell you which folder the ModSwapper is working in.
RE: Mod Swapper, for Alby
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:55 am
by FlashfyreSP
Dragoon45, if you don't see the ENHANCED phrase at the top of the main menu screen, then that game install is NOT the one ModSwaper is installing to. Try installing a different Mod, then check each install of the game to see which one it went into.
RE: Mod Swapper, for Alby
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:56 am
by Alby
One question
after you guide modswapper to the mod file
then you hit "open"
did you then hit "ok"
It sounds to me like you got the mod showing up in the "pane" but never actually hit "OK" to actually install it.
I say this because your problem is one I have never heard of.
RE: Mod Swapper, for Alby
Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:43 am
by Dragoon 45
Yes I did both. I uninstalled and then reinstalled it again and nothing happened. Mod Swapper says the Mod is installed but when you open the game nothing is there. I was using the .zip format for the install from the drop down menu on the files.
ORIGINAL: Alby
One question
after you guide modswapper to the mod file
then you hit "open"
did you then hit "ok"
It sounds to me like you got the mod showing up in the "pane" but never actually hit "OK" to actually install it.
I say this because your problem is one I have never heard of.
RE: Mod Swapper, for Alby
Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:06 pm
by FlashfyreSP
When you say "nothing is there", do you mean you don't see the new Main Menu page that says, "COLONEL: IT'S SPWAW ENHANCED"?
Go to the main SPWAW folder and look for a folder called InstalledMods. If it's not there, then the Mod wasn't installed to this game copy. If it is, look inside the InstalledMods folder for a folder in here entitled SPWAW_Enhanced_v1.0. That tells you the Mod is in fact installed.
RE: Mod Swapper, for Alby
Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:56 pm
by Dragoon 45
I actually started the game thinking that maybe something was wrong with the intro page. None of the OOB changes had shown up, etc. I can not find any file in the game folder that is named Installed Mods. The Enhanced zip file is in the Mods folder. I also checked my other installs of the game (all ver 8.403) and the Mod Swapper had not installed on them. I did the manual overwrite with the enhanced version on one of the game installs and it works fine, but I just can't get the Mod Swapper to work. I know I am probably doing something wrong but can't figure out what it is.
When I used the Mod Swapper, I changed the file format in the drop down menu to .zip. Then I hit Install and Okay. A pop up box appeared that said it was swapping files and showed the progress of the install. When that box was finished the Mod Swapper main window then showed that the Enhanced Version was installed. But when the game was started it was not there. As far as I can tell I followed the directions for the Mod Swapper exactly.
ORIGINAL: FlashfyreSP
When you say "nothing is there", do you mean you don't see the new Main Menu page that says, "COLONEL: IT'S SPWAW ENHANCED"?
Go to the main SPWAW folder and look for a folder called InstalledMods. If it's not there, then the Mod wasn't installed to this game copy. If it is, look inside the InstalledMods folder for a folder in here entitled SPWAW_Enhanced_v1.0. That tells you the Mod is in fact installed.
RE: Mod Swapper, for Alby
Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:22 pm
by Alby
its the twilight zone!!
[X(]
RE: Mod Swapper, for Alby
Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 12:20 am
by FlashfyreSP
Dragoon45
You have a copy of the Mod installed somewhere, if ModSwapper gave no errors during the installation process. The problem now is to figure out which game version has it.
The Windows Registry will indicate the path to the most recent installation of the game. You'll need to run the Regedit program from the Run dialog box in your Windows Start Menu screen. It's the last program on the right side of the pane that you open when you hit the Start button at the bottom of your desktop toolbar. click this and type in "regedit" (without the quotations), then navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then SOFTWARE, then Matrix Games, then Steel Panthers World At War, or whatever folder is on the Matrix one, if you changed the default install folder. Inside this folder you will see a series of entries; look at the one named Installed To. This is the folder that ModSwapper will go to to perform its operations.
Once you locate the correct folder, go there and look for the InstalledMods folder.
RE: Mod Swapper, for Alby
Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:16 am
by JEB Davis
ORIGINAL: Dragoon 45
When I used the Mod Swapper, I changed the file format in the drop down menu to .zip.
If I recall correctly, didn't the mod download as "xxxxxxxxxxxxx.spm.zip"?
I then removed the .zip part in the filename, leaving a ".spm" file which worked okay with ModSwapper. Could this be the problem?
RE: Mod Swapper, for Alby
Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:31 pm
by Alby
I dont know since I didnt actually download it.
anyone else know?
RE: Mod Swapper, for Alby
Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:35 pm
by trip 1509
Mine was in .spm, not a zip
Trip
RE: Mod Swapper, for Alby
Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:28 pm
by azraelck
The mod downloads as a .spm file. Slap it in the "mods" folder in your convieniently located parallel dimension; or where ever you installed SPWaW, run the swappermod, and voila! Instant cure for erectile dysfunction and 100 foot marshmellow men.
Offtopic, but does anyone know where I can get some giant graham crackers? I'm going for the world's record on the largest s'more ever...