Page 1 of 1

Images

Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:09 pm
by petdoc
Hi. I've purchased and downloaded this one as a birthday gift for a friend. Rather than just burning it onto any old CDR, I would like to burn it then print off a nice image as a CD label and as a jewel case insert. I'm kind of useless with photoshop etc, do you think it would be hard to do, and can anyone suggest any good images I could use for this?

RE: Images

Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:32 pm
by rhondabrwn
I've got an Epson R300 Photo Sylus Printer (which prints directly onto CD's and DVD's) so I do many many print jobs. For my Matrix backup CD's I usually just go to the PDF Manuals and lift some art from there, adding appropriate labels as necessary. I assume if you are printing onto printed labels you probably have access to the software that comes bundled with the label kits. These make it easy to insert pictures and text.

It is really fun to produce professional looking CDs. Here is a sample of what I did for my WiTP backup disk. Images were pulled from the manual and I added a bit here and there.

Image

RE: Images

Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:40 pm
by rhondabrwn
I just took a look at the TOAW 3 Manual and it looks like the images on the first two pages would work well for a disk label. You could also grab the "arrow" graphic on page 78 for a neat background (reduced in size, of course) and perhaps insert the logo "Shield" over it.

If you have Photoshop, it's not that hard to assemble these images into something neat. I just use the basics, personally, though I've used Photoshop for years. Just got the CoreDraw Graphics Suite (teacher discount, of course) and am eager to see what I can do with that package!

Good luck with your efforts! [:)]