Page 1 of 1

Norm Koger’s The Operational Art of War III Patch Release

Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:52 am
by Alex Fiedler
Important patch fixes release bug

Matrix Games, in conjunction with Norm Koger and the TOAD team, are pleased to announce the first update for Norm Koger’s The Operational Art of War III, which was released earlier this month. The patch fixes a reconstitution bug found in the release version of the game as well as a few other minor issues. Download The Operational Art of War III official patch from the Matrix Games website at www.matrixgames.com and check the Games and Forum pages for more information on TOAW III.

With over 130 of the best scenario designs of the last five years included in The Operational Art Of War III, along with more than 70 classic TOAW scenarios from the original series, The Operational Art of War III sets a new benchmark in operational wargaming.

Norm Koger’s The Operational Art of War series is legendary among wargamers. A masterpiece of flexible design, it allows you to play and create any battle from the entire 20th Century of warfare and up to the modern day, with reasonable accuracy back as far as the 1850s. Originally released by TalonSoft, Matrix Games last year acquired the rights and source code to The Operational Art of War. Now, together with Norm Koger and a new design team, we bring you the definitive release of this unsurpassed operational wargame –The Operational Art of War III !

RE: Norm Koeger’s The Operational Art of War III Patch Release

Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:28 am
by BigDuke66
Next time the version numbers for ALL languages should be edited.
I see German and French with 11d and 11f at the end and in Polish even with only a 6.
Only with Englisch language I see the 14 at the end.

RE: Norm Koeger’s The Operational Art of War III Patch Release

Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:40 pm
by ralphtricky
ORIGINAL: BigDuke66

Next time the version numbers for ALL languages should be edited.
I see German and French with 11d and 11f at the end and in Polish even with only a 6.
Only with Englisch language I see the 14 at the end.
Agreed. I need to put separate version numbers for the executable and the language files.

RE: Norm Koeger’s The Operational Art of War III Patch Release

Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:01 pm
by parusski
Thanks for the quick patch. The fixes and features are a good mix.

Above all-thanks for bringing this game back to us.

RE: Norm Koeger’s The Operational Art of War III Patch Release

Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:25 pm
by JWW
Is this identical to the beta patch, or do I need to install this one? I have already installed the beta patch.

RE: Norm Koeger’s The Operational Art of War III Patch Release

Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:51 pm
by JAMiAM
ORIGINAL: JW

Is this identical to the beta patch, or do I need to install this one? I have already installed the beta patch.
Yes, it is identical to the beta patch.

RE: Norm Koeger’s The Operational Art of War III Patch Release

Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:15 am
by JWW
Thanks. And I [&o] to Matrix for giving this great game a great new home.

RE: Norm Koeger’s The Operational Art of War III Patch Release

Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:13 am
by liuzg150181
Ah,i have finally seen reconstituted units returning as reinforcements as last,prior to that i wonder where those units went.[8D]
A mandatory patch IMO.[&o] 

RE: Norm Koeger’s The Operational Art of War III Patch Release

Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:37 am
by fei_hung
Great support is the key in getting people to buy matrixgames [:)]
 
The more I play TOAW 3 , the less interest I have in starting a HPS Pzc game ...[8D]

RE: Norm Koeger’s The Operational Art of War III Patch Release

Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:28 pm
by liuzg150181
ORIGINAL: fei_hung

Great support is the key in getting people to buy matrixgames [:)]

The more I play TOAW 3 , the less interest I have in starting a HPS Pzc game ...[8D]
I afraid I have to concur with the latter,moreover IMO TOAW3 is tailored for WW2 scenarios.

RE: Norm Koeger’s The Operational Art of War III Patch Release

Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:31 am
by Mad Cow
I have been unable to download the patch from the link I got from the games downloads section.

Are there any mirrors I can try to get it from?

RE: Norm Koeger’s The Operational Art of War III Patch Release

Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:15 pm
by ralphtricky
ORIGINAL: Mad Cow

I have been unable to download the patch from the link I got from the games downloads section.

Are there any mirrors I can try to get it from?
Try http://www.gamershell.com/news/31065.html

RE: Norm Koeger’s The Operational Art of War III Patch Release

Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:29 pm
by Mad Cow
thanks.