Page 1 of 1
Stuka Questions ??
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:03 am
by Grey Legion
This maybe a silly one but I am a bit puzzled [&:]
I know you don't directly control and air support nor can you call them in ( as far as I can see ) but I chose a stuka in my first mission and never saw or heard it do anything?
I was reading the AAR from wargamer and he stated he could hear in dropping bombs. yet I had many targets for the stuka to choose from and nothing?.
Did I do something wrong ??
Any help/thoughts would be great !!
RE: Stuka Questions ??
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:12 am
by mbtanker
I'm not sure but what may have happened is that they hit something at the opposite side of the map from where you were focusing. The sound level is relative. I know I had one Stuka strike that I almost didn't hear because I was busy.
RE: Stuka Questions ??
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:53 am
by Erik Rutins
ORIGINAL: Grey Legion
This maybe a silly one but I am a bit puzzled [&:]
I know you don't directly control and air support nor can you call them in ( as far as I can see ) but I chose a stuka in my first mission and never saw or heard it do anything?
I was reading the AAR from wargamer and he stated he could hear in dropping bombs. yet I had many targets for the stuka to choose from and nothing?.
Did I do something wrong ??
Any help/thoughts would be great !!
I would guess that it either did not arrive (there is a very small chance of this, particularly if you do well enough otherwise to win the scenario very quickly as there is a check each phase for the airstrike arrival) or it arrived on a corner of the map and you didn't hear it. You still should have seen a message for the Stuka strike event. If you click on the message, the camera will move to where it happened and you can rewind to watch it unfold.
Regards,
- Erik
RE: Stuka Questions ??
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:06 am
by Grey Legion
Ahh, ok I'll replay the mssion, BTW I did not win, I came close but it was a very tough game and I like it that way. I was just a bit sad when I did not hear the screem of a good ole dive bombing..
I'll post my findings after my next mission.
[:)]